Chapter 3: Sketchy Revelations.

Dedicated to @Sweaterpawsmichael

____________________________________________

Chapter 3: Sketchy Revelations

Skye's POV

The attractive mysterious guy, Zayn, urged me to sit down. I did.

The chair was one of those cushioned ones that fancy people have in their offices for 'important' guests. As I looked around me, I realized that he had in fact brought me to what must be Somber's owner, Mr. Tomlinson's private office.

The walls were covered in intricate ancient designs that could be either Latin or Roman. I wasn't sure which of the two but I remember seeing signs like this in my mother's drawings; sketches that got even darker during the last few months before her sudden death.

I shook my head and the gloomy thoughts; it wasn't the time to think about mom.

As Zayn went around the desk and sat down on the chair behind it, I tried not to stare. I had never seen a man like him. There was something about him that felt dark. I couldn't explain it, but even after saving me from that crazed and angry man, I feel like I would be straight out dumb to trust him. I just had this gut feeling that kept warning me that he is dangerous.

My brain couldn't decipher it but my body was convinced of it; the hairs in my arms were standing up and my heart was beating hard in my chest, adrenaline pumping through my veins. I kept fidgeting in my seat.

I frowned at this.

It is as if my body was ready for the fight or flight response.

"You have nothing to fear from me, Ms. Noelle," his velvety voice carried the short distance between us.

I rolled my eyes, "Who said I'm afraid? Oh and I prefer Skye," I replied. I ignored the thought that came with his declaration, it was almost as if he had read my mind.

Zayn raised an eyebrow but his smile made a reappearance, just as bright but sort of predatory. I didn't let it faze me.

"Skye it is," he said, obviously amused.

"I appreciate it. Now, are you going to tell me why you brought me here and how do you know my name?" I cut straight to the chase.

He chuckled, a husky sound that shook me.

"I will tell you as much as I can... once my friends stop eavesdropping and join us," he said. I gave him a weird look. What is he talking abou-

My train of thought was interrupted with the door of the office being pushed open and someone clearing their throat. I turned around in my chair to see who was joining us in this conversation.

I was confused at the two individuals standing at the threshold, mainly because I had never seen them before in my life.

"We weren't eavesdropping, mate. Just waiting for ya' to announce us." This one wore a mane of blond locks and piercing blue eyes. His voice was interlaced with a thick Irish accent. Once his eyes met with mine he winked.

I rolled my eyes at him but a smile etched itself on my lips anyways.

"No, we were definitely eavesdropping. I'm so sorry, it was Niall's idea. It won't happen again," this time the other one spoke up. He was nicely muscled; obvious sign that he worked out. His chocolate brown hair was trimmed in a hairstyle that was both fashionable yet practical and his pair of eyes of the same color appeared sincere and embarrassed at being caught.

"You're no fun, Liam," the Irish one replied with a discontented sigh.

"It's alright, lads. I need you both to be here for this conversation either way," Zayn spoke from behind the desk.