Chapter 11: Confusing Intentions.

Dedicated to @GemmaStar

_____________________________________

Chapter 11: Confusing Intentions.

Skye's POV

I watched in stunned silence as the scene unfolded before me. After Zayn hurriedly dismissed the meeting, all the supernatural people moved in complete synchronization, turning around to head for the door, as if the idea of staying in this room for a second longer than necessary would magically make them tragically explode into a pile of pixie dust or something of the sorts.

They all looked anxious as they rushed to the door, but not anxious enough to not stop and take a brief moment to direct a lingering glance at me as they shuffled out of the entrance and into the upward stairwell that would lead them back to the nightclub called Somber.

All the looks I received as they left brought a lump to my throat, which I unsuccessfully tried to swallow down.

Once the chamber looked a lot emptier, with less than 15 people left inside, I was able to see Zayn having a heated conversation with Frederick. Even though Zayn's facial expression was neutral, I could tell he was upset and trying to hide it. Frederick on the other hand, looked as smug as ever. When Zayn forcefully asked him, "What's the real reason behind you wanting to be appointed as her caretaker?" and accused him of, "playing the audience; shocking them to the extent of causing a commotion to get your way," he didn't bother responding, just smiled wider before turning around and leaving out the door.

When Zayn's eyes found mine, he looked like he was about to tell me something, but then I noticed two figures detach themselves from the shadows of the eastern walls and approach him. It was the twins. I heard something about Lucian not being able to make it to the meeting for whatever reason before I tuned them out.

I was still feeling extremely uneasy and I hadn't recognize what the growing sensation of heat in my chest meant until I realized I was incredibly angry. I didn't know if it was at someone specifically or at the whole situation I found myself in, but I was not just angry but royally pissed off at this point. With another glance at Zayn, who was still busy talking to the twins, and Liam who was conversing quietly with Niall and Louis, I turned my back to the meeting room and walked out of the steel door and walked up the the circular stairwell surrounded by stone brick walls.

I didn't know what I was doing, but now my anger had picked a victim to unleash itself at; Frederick. So I went on a quest to find him.

Walking through the deserted corridors and hallways, I found the door that led me to the main room of the night club. As I slipped my way through the massive crowd, ignoring the blaring party music echoing through the closed walls, I went directly to the direction of the back door, knowing for some strange reason, that I wouldn't find the smug jerk enjoying himself on the dance floor, but could catch up to him before he got in his probably expensive car and left.

As I slid out through the back door, I let out a soft surprised gasp as the chilly fall wind hit me. I was inappropriately dressed for the rapidly dropping temperatures of the night and the goosebumps rising all across the skin of my arms served as a remainder.

I hugged myself as my eyes traveled along the horizon. It was a dark night, the only illumination came from the red flashing neon lights from the nightclub's sign, and through the soft glowing lamp lights in the parking lot. I saw no one. I heard nothing, not even the sound of a car speeding away in the distance.

As a frown etched itself in the spot between my eyebrows, I sighed out a heavy breath that made me feel like a deflated balloon. The lack of a moving target efficiently aided in me running out of steam and anger. Realizing how stupid and pointless trying to give Frederick a piece of my mind was, I started turning around to get back to Zayn and the others.