16.

Jungkook slowly opens his eyes. The room is completely dark. Where am I? He wonders as he sits up. He quickly switches on the bedside lamp and then the realization hits him. He is in Taehyung's house. Since it was raining heavily last night, Seokjin had insisted him to stay. 

(Flashback)

"I think I should go, hyung." Jungkook says to Seokjin who is busy cooking something in the kitchen.

"No, don't even think of it. It's raining so heavily. It's that time of the year when a lot of accidents take place. I can't let you leave." Seokjin says sternly.

"Oh, but it's getting late."

"Just stay the night. Besides I'm making ramen. No one says no to ramen. Specially when it's made by Kim Seokjin." Jin says proudly making the younger laugh.

"Okay. But isn't Taehyung going to eat?"

"He will. I'll wake him up and make him eat." Jin says as he places two bowls of ramen on the dining table.

"Why? He can eat himself. I'll call him." Jungkook says. He just wants to help as he feels completely useless at the moment and he doesn't want to seem like a free loader.

"No, don't. I'll do that later. You should eat your food before it gets cold." Jin says as he sits down and begins eating himself. Jungkook does the same.

"You're such a caring brother." The ravenette says.

"You don't even know me."

"Well, I do."

"I mean that you don't know Taehyung's Jin hyung. Maybe you know the actor Kim Seokjin."

"Right, but he has answered your phone a few times when we were together so I could easily guess." Jungkook says.

"Oh, then I'll tell you what." Jin glares at his guest, "The other day when you were with Taehyung at a nearby convince store, you called him stupid and I heard that. How is he stupid? He is experiencing all this for the first time."

"What do you mean by that?" Jungkook is confused. He doesn't understand whatever Jin is telling him about his brother.

"You don't need to know." Jin sighs, "And I'm sorry I snapped at you like that but you see, I'm a little protective towards my brother. It's just he's gone through a lot and he has anxiety issues. I guess you must have noticed by now. He isn't a very confident person. He told me how you taunt him at times but he's also praised you a couple of times. Seeing that you helped him today, I know one thing for sure."

"What is that?" Jungkook asks softly. He never expected someone to praise him. Well, besides his mom, friends and Jimin. Getting to know that Taehyung praised him is weird, after all the times he teased him and made fun of him. It's not his intention to do so but he can't help it. He just needs his fair share of fun and he is used to his habits.

"You're not a bad person. Your bad boy personality is just a mask." Jin says and Jungkook knows that the elder is right.

"Uh..."