34.

"I think I should quit being an MC at the Music Bank

"I think I should quit being an MC at the Music Bank." Jungkook says. Namjoon and Hoseok look at him with frowns on their faces. Currently the three friends are having breakfast at a cafe near their university. Jungkook asked them to go there with him since he wanted to discuss something very important with them.

"Why?" His two friends ask simultaneously.

"I just don't want to continue there anymore." Jungkook says. Honestly he likes his job as an MC at the Music Bank a lot but since he has gotten close to Taehyung, there are a couple of things that have been bothering him.

"Kook? What's the problem? The money is good so I know you won't quit without a reason. Are you hiding something?" Hoseok asks, patting his hand. Jungkook just keeps looking down, frowning at his lap.

"No, I'm not." He says.

"Look us in the eyes and say that again." Namjoon says. Jungkook sighs and looks at his friends.

"You can share things with us, Jungkook. We are best friends." Namjoon says softly. Jungkook feels guilty for hiding things from his friends so he decides to tell them.

"I just...Its just that the other MC of Music Bank is Kim Seokjin and I don't think I can..." Jungkook takes a deep breath.

"Wait, what does it have to do with Seokjin? As far as I know, you guys are friendly to each other." Hoseok asks confusedly.

"Actually, there's something that you guys don't know."

"Okay, we are listening." Namjoon and Hoseok say at the same time.

"As you guys know that I'm... a bit closer to Taehyung these days-"

"You mean a lot closer and that you like him a lot?" Hoseok interrupts him. Jungkook frowns at him, his cheeks turn red while Namjoon starts laughing.

"Hobi hyung, let me finish." Jungkook whines.

"Okay, go ahead."

"So the thing is, Taehyung has an elder brother. I have met him quite a few times. I have met him as Taehyung's friend, Jungkook, and as JK too. I think he is nice and all but I think he knows me really well now. Both as Jungkook and JK. It feels like if I make even a small mistake, he might get to know who JK really is." Jungkook says.

"Where did you meet him as JK?" Hoseok asks.

"Is he someone who works at the Music Bank?" Namjoon questions.

"Kim Seokjin is Taehyung's brother." Jungkook says and it is as if he dropped a bomb on the other two.

"What?" Namjoon and Hoseok are shocked. They hadn't seen this coming.

"Why are you telling this now?" Hoseok whisper-yells at him.

"I was just trying to figure out a way to keep both Taehyung and my job as an MC. But I think it's time for me to choose. I can't let him know. Not yet anyway." Jungkook says, taking a sip of water.