-Ive got you

My phone was filled with notifications.

I clicked on a random voicemail. Listening to her cry and sob as she begged for forgiveness. Yet, when the word sorry came out of her mouth, it had no meaning. No matter how many times she repeated it.

"You gotta stop, Avi" Leo sighed, placing the pizza he ordered on a plate "it's been days"

I kept listening to it, blocking Leo out of my head, as much as I wish I didn't.

"Avi?"

I didn't answer. I laid on my couch, facing away from him.

"Why is the world so fucked up?" I finally spoke, my voice cracking. I turned off my phone, placing it next to me.

This time, he was the one who didn't say anything. Maybe because he couldn't think of a good answer, or he simply didn't have one.

He went to the living room, putting down two plates on the coffee table in front of me.

Leo took a deep breath "the world may be shitty, but at least we got pizza"

"Thank god for pizza" I mumbled, sitting up and moving my not-so-flattering hair out of my face.

I felt so...ugh. Ugh. The only thing to describe my mood. My skin felt dry and my eyelids swelled, all I have the energy to do is to lay on the couch all day.

And I hate myself for it. I hate myself for reacting like this. I hate everything. I hate Gianna. I still hate Ethan. I hate how I wish Leo would leave me so he could find someone without so many problems. At this point, for me, his happiness takes over mine.

"Thank god" he repeated, taking a bite as he sat on the carpet floor, next to the table "did you get news for The Golden Globes yet?"

"No" I shook my head.

"I'm excited for you" he smiled.

I faked a smile back. All the smiles I've shown on my face the past few days have been fake. I can't seem to let real ones come.

Silence came afterward. We ate quietly, the TV faintly played in the background.

"I'm gonna see my parents today. They said they wanted me to come over, to talk. It rarely happens, so I accepted" I broke the silence.

"Really?"

I nodded "it's been a while...maybe it would be nice to just see them. Even if we aren't close" I swallowed "wanna come with me?"

He froze for a second, a bit thrown off by the question "to meet them?"

"It's okay, you don't have to" I waved my hand.

"I'll come if you want"

"Only come if you want to," I said.

"I wanna come with you" he grinned.

———

I regretted it the second I saw the house. It's one of those big Beverly Hills houses that you'd wish to live in while passing it. Even the outside was decorated in a way so you know for sure, it's an expensive house.

It isn't my childhood home, my parents moved out right when I left to my apartment.

For some reason, I never liked this place. No matter how big or modern.