-I dont want her

I walked down the stairs to get to the hotel restaurant. I and Kathy made plans to have breakfast together.

After a few minutes of searching, I finally found her sitting at a table for two.

"Hey, Kathy!" I sat down on the other side of the table, hanging my bag on the corner of the chair and putting my hair in a low ponytail.

"Hey honey, how are you?" Kathy looked up from the menu.

"I'm good! Just happy we get a break. It's been a long week," I sighed, picking up a menu.

"Yes, it has. Do you have any plans other than this?"

"I do actually. I'm going on a date."

"Really!? With who?" Molly's lips twisted into an amused smile.

"With this guy I met. He works at a pizza place near here," I explained, "I'm nervous...I haven't been on a date before. I don't know what I'm supposed to do," I scoffed at myself.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. Everything will be okay. Who knows, maybe he'll become your first boyfriend." She shrugged.

I already told Kathy about how I've never kissed a guy, had a boyfriend, and am still a virgin. All that depressing stuff. But she's been very kind and supportive about it.

"You got any more plans?" Kathy took a sip of her water.

"Nope. I'm just gonna relax, watch some TV. Be alone."

"Wow."

"What?" I looked up from my menu and furrowed my brows.

"It's just..." Kathy hesitated, "look, Avi, you're 21. And now you have this whole day for yourself. Shouldn't you be going out? Meeting people, making friends."

I shrugged, "I don't need friends. I'm fine on my own."

"Do you have any friends?" Kathy asked politely.

"Yeah... I only have one though."

"Leo?"

"What?" I asked startled

"Is he your only friend?"

"What- no- I'm talking about someone else."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't mean to."

"No, it's okay!" I chuckled "anyways, my friend lives in California. We've known each other for many years. She's the only person I feel comfortable talking to, and it's easy to be myself around her."

As the words came out of my mouth I realized that was a lie, and Kathy noticed. Truth is, Gianna wasn't the only person I felt comfortable with. Not anymore at least.

———

I ran through my room. It was a mess. My clothes were all over the place. I put on a short white dress, a bit fancy but also casual. I rushed to my bathroom and looked for my hairbrush.

My hands moved fast as I searched for it. Going through all the cabinets, but still found nothing. I groaned. I was already late for the date and my hair was a complete mess. And now I can't find my hairbrush.

I ran to the door across from me and banged on it rapidly "Leo! Open the door!"

The second he did, I shoved through him and hurried to his bathroom.

Once Leo came in he asked, "what happened to you?" Looking me up and down, confused as to why I wasn't wearing my normal sweatpants and sweatshirt.

Not answering his question I started panicking, looking into the cabinets hoping to find something I can brush my hair with.

"Do you even have a hairbrush?!" I whined.