44 Penguin

Chaeyoung's POV

"Goodmorning everyone, today we'll be having the 25th Annual JYP University Art Competition for 2021!"

"In this competition there were a total of fifty participants came from our juniors to seniors students. They're going to be divided by five person per room"

"Our theme is Nature, we'll be giving you one hour and thirty minutes to finished your art piece"

"The panel of judges reserves the right to disqualify any project due to poor quality, incompleteness, inappropriateness of content, or concerns regarding copyright infringement in the original work. It should be compelling , aesthetic in design, and carry a message"

"Artwork will be judged using the following criteria: uniqueness/originality, professional quality, aesthetic quality, concept, selection and application of materials, and complexity"

"There will be five official winners and the prizes were: 5th place $500, 4th place $700, 3rd place $900, 2nd place $1200, and for 1st place $1500"

"Please give a round of applause for our judges this year's art competition"

"Mr. Kim Ki-Bum a member of SHINee k-pop boy group who also designed SHINee album's cover for The Misconceptions of Us"

"And Mr. Song Min-Ho from YG University his art was exhibited at the Saatchi Gallery of London as part of the Startnet Korean Eye 2020 project making him the first korean to have his painting exhibited at the gallery"

"For our participants you may go now in your designated rooms, good luck!"

It took me an hour to finish my artwork and just realized that I'm the only one left in the room with the other finish artworks.

I decided to go in the rest room and startled when I came back to check my artwork 'cause someone ruined it with a sharp object and liquid substance.

"Who ruined my artwork?!!", I muttered and felt a presence which made me took a glanced at the door

"Chae! How's your artwork?", Lisa gestured his hand for me to come out of the room 'cause only the participants were allowed to go inside

"Are you already done? What did you paint?", Dahyun asked and I showed them what happened to my artwork which made them stared at me

"Is it yours?", Tzuyu furrowed his brows and I nodded

"Did you know who the fucking culprit was?!", Jeongyeon screamed

I don't have the time for guessing who might've ruin my artwork 'cause right now I need to begin again.

I took a glanced at Mina who's walking towards our direction and headed back in my seat to start painting again.

Mina's POV

The girls dragged me to the school's hall upon my arrival in our classroom and saw a crowd of students.

"Is there an event?", I asked

"Aren't you updated in our school's upcoming events? Don't tell us you also didn't know when Chae joined the art competition today?", Jihyo asked and I tilted my head

"How come you become her girlfriend?", Momo smirked

An hour later, we decided to visit Chae and saw him with the others who look like having a serious talk on the hallway but headed back to the room when he saw us.

I took a glanced at him through the glass panel of the door and saw him was just about to start.

"He's not yet done?", I stared at them and the boys nodded

"What? But he only have twenty minutes left!", Momo covered her mouth

"He was actually done a few minutes ago but when he came back from the restroom to check his artwork..", Jeongyeon

"What happened?", I gaped at them in utter shock

"Someone ruined it with a sharp object and liquid substance", Lisa muttered

Our conversation were interrupted when the professors order us to go back in the hall and there we continued to guess if who was the culprit but lead us to no one.

"We're here now to announce the five winners"

The host announced who won in fifth to second place as the participants came on the stage and claimed their prizes.

"In 1st place.. Let us show you his masterpiece"

"Mina, it's you",  Momo smirked and I stared at her confusedly

"Mina, it's you", Momo smirked and I stared at her confusedly

"I think it's from Chae", Sana bit the tip of her fingers playfully

"I wanna know know know know, What is love? Will love come to me someday?~", Jihyo exclaimed

It's not me 'cause I'm not an animal but he used to call me penguin and I don't know why.

Do I look like a penguin?

"Before we announce who won in 1st place, we're going to tell you first why he was chosen. Would you mind to tell everyone Mr. Kim?"

"Sure, Mr. Song and I asked all the participants with the same question and his answer was one of a kind", Mr. Kim giggled

"This is my second artwork because the first one was ruined by someone. I was on the verge of giving up 'cause I only have twenty minutes left before the winner will be announce but what's important I still have the time and will to begin again. I changed the subject 'cause it remind me the love of my life who's walking like those penguin, haha"

"The message behind this painting of mine was once the female lays her eggs, both the male and female penguins take turns incubating it. Just like us humans, we take good care of our loved ones. In new breeding seasons, female penguins choose to return to the mate they paired up during the previous breeding season. I would like to be an example of my artwork, whether we end up to be together or to break up.. I'll always choose her despite of any circumstances", Mr. Song added

"In 1st place.. Mr. Musuko Chae!"

We suddenly stood up from sitting which made us stare at each other and start cheering for him.

"THAT'S MY FRIEND!!", Lisa screamed

"CHAE!! WILL YOU MARRY ME?!!!", Jihyo exlaimed which made me took a glanced at her

"I'm only kidding", she laughed

Everyone gave him a round of applause including us and I ask him about the penguin when the program ended.

"You aren't aware of walking like a penguin and why I called you penguin? It really suits you well 'cause you're cute and also my one and only penguin for life"