chapter 61

Isabelle

It has been three weeks since the cops showed up and things have been going well.

Dad had quickly found a apartment in town, it was 3 bedrooms so me and Jack could stop over. I was happy that he was back in our lives and I tried to spend a good amount of time with him.

Alex and I were getting closer but part of me was still worried about how close we were. Everytime I slept without him I had nightmares and I hated being reliant on him. I was still  not entirely sure why I felt safe with him but I did and I was ok with that.

Jack and I had a better relationship but it still had some strain on it. Of course I forgave him but car trips with just him were out of the question, and yes I know we were together when we went to find dad but the thought of him being alive was enough to look past the fear I had.

Today was suppose to be the day I started my last year, well last few months. Alex and I had talked and we had decided I should finish high school. I didn't like the idea of not even having a higschool degree so I'm joining a near by school.  When dad found out he had insisted on taking me shopping for school supplies and anything I might need which I was grateful for. Dad was very supportive and wanted to take me to school which I was excited for. I could finally say I had a real family of any students asked.

In preparation for starting this new school I had done reading on what I had missed, luckily before the incident I was way ahead and I soon found out I hadn't missed much. Henry and Jack had took it upon themselves to teach me to fight and defend myself. Reagan talked non stop about having the perfect first day outfit and finally Alex went into protective mode and ran background checks on every student, teacher and even the janitors.  I honestly didn't mind though because it meant if everything met his standards there wouldn't be another incident.

"You think too much" I looked over and saw Alec laid next to me, as always. He watched my every movement and  when I finally got out of bed he did too, much faster than I did, I guess he had been awake longer than me. "You best get ready, Daniel will be here in a hour"  he said checking the time as he spoke. Before I could reply, Reagan walked in looking way to excited. "Time to get ready" she squeeled.
How the hell was she so awake and loud at this time. I wonder if it's not to late to find Alex's gun and shoot myself...well shit, I should not have thought that.
"Well I'll leave you girls to it" Alex spoke, he walked out chuckling probably from my misery. The sadistic monster.

Around 40 minutes later I was ready and even I had to admit Reagan had definitely outdone herself.

(This but skirt a tiny bit longer with tights and ankle boots)

I didn't have long left before dad arrived so I grabbed my bag and both Reagan and I went down for breakfast.

Everyone was in the kitchen and I suddenly felt nervous, Alex had his back to me and was playing up breakfast, he had also gotten dressed and I had a hard time pulling my eyes away from him.
I guess he had some sort of business meeting today as he usually wore more casual clothes.