chapter 7

"Leave the girl alone"
I turn around and see henry leaned against the wall, he scared the hell out of me but I preferred him over this girl and her friends simply because she seemed worse. "We have a right to know who she is though" the girl complained. "All you need to know is shes not a threat" henry said which suprised me, it seemed as though he was sticking up for me. "Well how do you know, she could be a spy, she could be leaking information anything" the girl said in a dramatic tone. "Hate to disappoint but she isnt a threat" he said.

"What's going on" alex appeared from the other room.
"Nothing sir" everyone said at the same time except me as I was too confused as to what was happening. 
"Well Isabelle we need to talk" he says and I nod, I was scared of what the subject would be."great follow me"

We arrived in his office, which was spacious and modern. The whole office screamed power and wealth.

He led me to the sofa and made me sit on it, whilst he got a chair and moved it so he was directly in front of me

He led me to the sofa and made me sit on it, whilst he got a chair and moved it so he was directly in front of me. "This morning, nick asked your likes and dislikes, you couldnt answer. Why?" He asked and I shuddered.  I couldnt tell him, I wouldnt. "We are not leaving till I get an answer" he said clearly he wasnt letting it go. I guess he figured I was being mistreated but I was terrified of the consequences so I couldnt tell him. "Maybe I dont want my kidnappers knowing much about me" I say regretting it as soon as I said it, his face dropped and he looked annoyed, angry even. "Well it was either kidnap or kill you. The only reason you're alive right now is because of me" he said and tears built up as a memory resurfaced.

"We took you in out of the goodness of our hearts
"You would be on the streets without us"
"You're alive because of us"

I shuddered as I thought back to the words they said before the start of my first beating. Alex was probably the same, hes probably going to beat me now.
"Dont cry, you're ok" I hear him say and then I feel arms wrap around my body.  He had moved and was now hugging me.

I couldnt help it, I broke down and cried as I hugged him, the emotional pain hurt more than the physical.
"ssshhh, I'm sorry if I was a bit straight forward" he said as we just hugged. I nodded and more tears stared to fall.
Maybe if I told him I wouldnt be all alone, I would have someone.
"They beat me" I whisper and his hands tighten around me as if he was afraid I would disappear.