chapter 16

"Just put them in the oven already" I tell jack who was focused on the last cookie. He told me it was a suprise and I couldnt see until it was cooked. "Finished" he exclaimed and I tried to peak but he carefully slid it on the tray with the rest and put it in the oven. "Right we need to clean up" I say looking around the kitchen. It wasnt actually messy, we just had to wash the equipment we used and wipe down surfaces. "Ok, you wash and I'll dry" he said and we got to work. Whilst I filled up the bowl with hot water and washing up liquid, he gave the surfaces a wipe down.

Just as we finished cleaning, Alex and nick walked in. They had suits on so I guessed they were either going or coming back from work. Alex had a serious look on his face which was scary as hell.
"Arent you suppose to be in the gym" alex asked, he sounded annoyed.  I knew this would happen, alex is gonna be angry. "yeah we were, but I got a craving for cookies and I dragged izzy in here to help me make them" jack said, I was thankful he took the blame, even though what he said was pretty much the truth. "Can I have a cookie" nick asked. "Sure" jack says however he didnt sound like he wanted to share. "Yayy" nick practically shouted, seriously. He acted like a big kid. Alex just rolled his eyes at Nick's childish  behaviour.  "So how is the mole hunt" Jack asked becoming more serious.  I guess this was a serious problem. I honestly didnt want to know what kind of stuff they did as I didnt want to see them in any other way to what I did now. I thought about jack, how after so long I had found him, I thought about my nickname 'cookie' a little hookerish but the memory behind it will stick with me forever. I wanted to give him a nickname, as I thought about it one came into my mind. I was so excited I couldnt help but say it out loud.
"Dough"

They all looked at me like I was crazy. "What about dough" jack asked. "Well I was just thinking of a nickname for you and I figured since I'm cookie, you can be the dough" I tell him quietly starting to feel embarrassed.  "Awww, you got competition boss" nick says, he really did seem like a good example of a obsessed fan. "Oh wow, that's brilliant cookie, I love it so  much" jack said and wrapped me in a tight hug. "Cookie is a stripper name" alex states not looking impressed. Not gonna lie that hurt, especially after my past. "Aww are you jealous that we have nicknames for each other" jack taunted and I couldnt help laugh. This was the jack I grew up with, the one that taunted everyone. "Shut the fuck up, you dont get yo speak to me like that, learn your fucking place or get the fuck out" alex said in a deadly calm voice that sent shivers down my spine, it was scary as hell. Jack's hands were still wrapped around me only now he was giving me a hug from behind and his grip tightened with the words alex had said. "I apologise boss" jack said and I could tell fear was present in his voice. What kind of man was alex if even his own friends were scared of him. "Dont speak to him like that" I tell alex, I dont  know where the confidence came from but I hated how he spoke to Jack. Alex's attention moved onto me and he stepped towards me. "She didnt mean that" jack says quickly trying to pull me behind him in a protective way, I wouldnt let him though. "I did mean it, you cant speak to people like that" I tell alex and he walks closer soon he is stood in front of me. "I think you should sort out your stupid cookies jack" alex says as a faint smell of burning appeared. Jack hesitated but did as he was told, letting go of me as he did so. Not being in his arms made me lose the little confidence I had gained. Nick then spoke "I'll help you jack" and now both their attention was on the cookies. I saw from the corner of my eye, jack looking at me whilst handling the cookies. He seemed ready to jump in any second.  "Listen to me very carefully" alex stated and I nod. "You are in my house and therefore you will respect what I say and what I say goes, no exceptions. This is new to you so there will be no consequences but I swear if you ever go against me again you will regret it so much" he said in his deathly dark tone. I nodded fast, he seemed so different to how he had behaved over the past couple of days. "Yes sir, I apologise for my behaviour it will never happen again" I really didnt want to find out what these consequences were. "I accept your apology" he simply said and backed away. He then sat on the stool and it was as if nothing ever happened. "Want a cookie boss, they are amazing" nick said and alex looked unbothered and shrugged but nick forced one into his hands ",just try it" he said putting another cookie in his mouth.
Jack walked to me and gave me a quick hug "he gets like that sometimes, its best to avoid him,  and you ok though" I nod in response  and he smiles  "I made you the perfect cookie" he says and hands me one of the cookies.  I couldnt help but grin at the cookie. It was a ying and yang cookie. I sub consciously touched my neck where my necklace was. The night before our parents died they gave us both there necklaces, a ying and a yang one.  Our parents were big believers in good and bad and how they connect with each other giving them each strength. "You will always find your way back to each other" our mum told us "even through the dark times, there will always be light waiting for you" our dad said and they presented us with the necklaces.

 "You will always find your way back to each other" our mum told us "even through the dark times, there will always be light waiting for you" our dad said and they presented us with the necklaces

"I love it jack" I say and hug him tightly

"Even through the dark times" he whispered as we hugged. "There will always be light waiting for you" I finish of.
"I love you cookie" he whispers
"I love you too dough" I mumble back.
"Jeez, you too certainly bonded" nick interrupts and we pull away however just before we did jack whispers "play along, let's have some fun"