chapter 37

Alex
Fuck. How dare they attack my men. How fucking dare they, when I find out who they are, they will pay.

After ending the second call with Henry I slammed my fist into my desk, i was currently in my office looking over some reports that had been sent over, I hadnt been home long because of the cops suspicion with the school, that was all sorted now but as one problem gets solved another arises.
I now had to do extensive background checks on my men, of course they had all been carried out already but this time, they would all be done by me. I had to also consider it was potentially one of my friends but I dont want to believe it.
Nick-he was like a brother to me, he knew how much I suffered, he was as loyal as they come.
Henry- I've known him so long, hes serious about his work but he has morals, being a traitor would go against the morals he has.
Jack- like Henry I've known him so long, hes loyal and not a killer so why leak information which will get tons killed.
Reagan- she is like a sister to me but she isnt involved in much gang stuff, her knowledge is limited.

All four of them, wouldnt betray me I didnt want to believe it but thrn I thought about ben and how we found hidden documents on his laptop, documents only I knew about.
Fuck. I had to find whoever was responsible before anymore are killed.

"You look stressed"

My head snaps up and Isabelle was stood by the doorway. She was looking at me with so much concern. "Yes, I've just got a few problems with the gang" I tell her, she was the only one who it 100% couldnt be, she wasnt around until after the start of the problem. "You wanna talk about it" she asks and I find myself agreeing, I felt the need to confiede in someone and she was here. She walks into my office and I beckon her to where I'm sat and show her my laptop screen, which I have a list of all the people in my gang. "Wow" she says just looking at it and I nod "I have a security issues, one of these is leaking information which can be used to hurt my gang" I tell her, selecting my words carefully so I didnt scare her. "What makes you think it's just one person though" she asks, the thought did cross my mind but one person was bad another. "It could be more, I just need to work out which person or people it is before more of mine are killed" I tell her and she looks shocked "this information must be sensitive, maybe you could capture one of the bad guys and ask him" she says, it was a good idea but sadly it wouldnt work. "Jack was undercover with them to find out thr mole a few weeks back and whilst there he discovered they have methods to stop them talking even when tortured" I tell her. "Jack isnt the mole right" she asks me unsure of herself. "I dont know, it could be anyone" I say. "Want some help narrowing it down" she asks and I give her a sceptical look and she continues talking "well I was kinda a outsider at school so I learnt to read people, it helped me alot, I avoided slot of beatings" and I shudder at the thought of her being beaten up and I pull her into a hug which she hugs back. "You can help, at this point I'll try anything" I say but at the same time i was hesitant, i didnt want her involved in my type of work.
"Great, can we move to the sofa so I can sit too" she asks.
"You can always sit on my lap" I smirk and she pushes me away with a grossed out look, but something about it seemed playful.
"In your dreams" she says and takes my laptop and goes and sits on the sofa which was in the corner of my office. As I watch her sit down with my laptop, I realize how I just let her take it, if it was anyone else I would have shot them but with her, its different.

I join her on the sofa and look at my screen, she was looking at the profile of a man, Tyler Oaks. Her eyes glanced and the information and after reading it she spoke "it's not him" I look back at the picture of him and all his information before asking "how do you know"
"Well hes in a relationship with Lexi Michaels,it says they are engaged. You're obviously going to k..kill the mole and the mole knows they have to be careful but they still wouldnt risk losing everything, why bother getting engaged if you were going to die" she says and I listen to each word and all I can say "you're right" I was mesmerized by her intelligence.
"Any other things" I ask and she nods
"You gotta consider revenge factors, like if you killed a friend or family member then they might want revenge" I nod, I have considered this a great deal. "Yeah I found nothing like that" I tell her, she thinks for a few seconds before talking "you said the information will hurt your gang" i nod and she continues "well I dont think the mole is seeking revenge on you, if he or she was then they would attack you personally, like hire people to come kill you and your friends, instead they give information to you're enemy, they never target you personally just your business" she explains. Damn she was right and she was incredibly smart. I was impressed  with her and I'm sure it was noticable "how do you deliver assignments" she asks "in person, only through message if its last minute so being hacked is out of the option" I tell her already knowing what she was going to suggest. "Ok I have a idea" she says after a few minutes of silence whilst she thought. "Go on"
"Ok so you are looking at your gang to find a motive or connection, why not look at the gang that's getting the information,  compare them both and see if any have a connection" she said. Did I mention she impressed me.
"That's a brilliant idea, hang on" i say and go to my desk and into the draw to retrieve a pen drive, jack managed to get it whilst undercover, it had all the names and information on all gang members in the one that was after ours.

"Let's do this" I say and put the drive into a spare laptop I had, this way we could look at both screens.