chapter 46

Alex
I held her hand and guided her upstairs to her room. Luckily jack hadnt made an appearance. "Welcome home angel" I say and open her bedroom door. We both walk in and just a glance at her face I could tell she was terrified. It had been just over 24 hours, they must have fucked her up bad for her to be like this. "I'm gonna go make some food hun, I'll bring it up once I'm done. You can have a bath and change your clothes" I say but I dont geg a response, at least verbally I dont, she simply nods. I reluctantly leave and head downstairs.

Jack was stood in the kitchen when I walked in. I held myself back from beating the crap out of him. Isabelle would never forgive me if i killed him.
"We are criminals, cant you see it would be wrong for her to be around us, her innocence would be lost. I have always wanted what's best for my little sister, I've always done everything I can to protect her. I just want her safe" jack spoke and I couldnt help but understand where he was coming from. I often thought myself as selfish for keeping her here, for getting close to her. "Her parents abused her jack, I found her locked up in the basement. When I took her from school I saw how skinny she was, not only were they beating her thry were starving her" I calmly say. I was no longer angry with him. Family first.
"No. Oh god no. I can't believe I took her back there, oh god she must hate me. What have I done" jack said, he felt guilty and looked it. It almost made me want to comfort him.

Jack.
"Her parents abused her jack, I found her locked up in the basement. When I took her from school I saw how skinny she was, not only were they beating her thry were starving her" alex told me. Those words were like gun shots to the chest my world came crashing down. I had failed as a brother. I cant believe I gave her back to them. She must hate me. "No. Oh god no. I can't believe I took her back there, oh god she must hate me. What have I done" I whisper as the guilt begins to consume me. How could I do that yo her. "Look she doesnt want to see you so give her time she isnt in a good way" alex tells me and I nod. I wouldnt want to see me either, not after what i did.
Alex moved towards the kitchen appliances and started cooking, my guess was for Isabelle.
I was frozen though. How could I have done that.
I failed you mum and dad. I failed to protect our princess. Your little girl, my cookie. I failed you both, I failed her.

"Jack are you ok" I look and see Alex looking at me with concern. Of course I wax ok, unlike izzy, she wadnt ok and it was all my fault.
"Jack" why the hell does Alex keep calling me, I dont deserve anyone to talk to me.

Suddenly I feel a pair of arms around me and I cant help bug hug the person back, tears fall and soon I'm a mess.

Isabelle
I was back home. I was with alex. I was safe. I decided to have a shower rather than a bath. After showing and changing into clothes I decided to go downstairs. It would be mean of me to have Alex bring the food up to me, I wasnt worth the effort, so I made my way to the kitchen.
Although i didnt want to see jack just yet, I couldnt help the fact my heart felt like it wax breaking as I saw him frozen to the spot crying, alex was trying to comfort him. I hated what he did but I could never hate him and so I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, he accepted the hug and began crying more, this got me crying and together we stood and cried for what felt like a lifetime but it was well needed.
"I'm sooo sorry cookie, I wax just trying to help, I failed you as a brother" he whispers and I knew I couldnt stay mad at him forever so I whispered the two words he needed to hear and I needed to say "its ok"
"No it's my fault, I just wanted to keep you away from all the crime we do" he said and I felt a strange sense of understanding. "Its ok Jack i forgive you" I tell him which I realised that I did forgive him. He didnt know, if I told him it wouldnt have happened. "I love you cookie" he whispered.

Jack.
She forgave me, I didnt expect that. I expected her to hate me. I hate myself for what I did. I didnt understand why or how she forgave me but I was grateful that she did. "I love you cookie" I whisper. "I love you too" I heard her reply and large smile makes it's way to my face.
In that single moment I vowed I would never hurt her again. I would put her first and i would still keep her away from crime but i would never send her away again.