chapter 8

Alex

"They beat me" she whispered making me angry, I held her tighter not wanting to let go. Of course I had an idea that they were doing it, it just became reality though when she said it.
I may be a ruthless killer but I have my morals, I kill those who deserve it...well accept the incident at the school. I might have gone a little to far but most of the time only those who deserve it get killed.
"Was there a reason" I ask knowing that the majority of the time there was always a reason. She nods and cries harder. "Its all my fault, I deserve it, I deserve the scars, the bruises, the burns everything" she said.

The what. Fuck. This girl was even more broken than I thought. They made her believe it was all her faults.
"How is it your fault" I ask so I could prove it wasnt her fault.
"I killed their child" she whispered.
What the hell. I'm sure she is being dramatic. I pull away and hold her shoulders in a comforting way "look at me" I ask and she Immediately does. As I looked into her teary eyes I couldnt believe she was a killer, there was obviously a mistake. "How did you kill their child" I ask slowly. "I caused veronica to much stress but all I wanted was to play, and she miscarried" she tells me and my anger resurfaces. What kind of sick person would tell a child the miscarriage was their fault.
"How old where you when it started," I ask. "They adopted me just before I turned 12, they were nice and I thought I could have a family again but when I was 13 she miscarried and ever since then they hurt me" she cried and I couldnt help but have thoughts of torturing them, making them pay for blaiming her.

"I want you to listen to me very carefully" I start and she nods "it was not your fault, miscarriages happen all the time and its usually something to do with the mother ect. If they cant handle looking after a 13 year old they cant handle a baby, and if they were beating you, that baby might have been mistreated too. You are not to blame, never forget that. They took the pain of losing their potential child out on you and it was wrong of them" I tell her, hopefully she would believe my words. "I'm sorry" she says weakly, clearly all the crying had taken alot of energy out of her. "Hey it's ok, no one will hurt you again" I say. "I didnt tell you the other day because I was scared, even though they probably think I'm dead, they beat it into me that there would be serious consequences if anyone knew. I did want to to tell you, I really did it's just that I didnt want to suffer more and you were kinda scary after some things you did and said" she tells me and I feel guilty for my actions and also a strong hatred, I wanted nothing more than to kill anyone who hurt her. "Thank you for telling me, may I ask how bad the wounds are, they might need to be treated" I respond, remembering her telling me what they did. "Just bruises now, the burns are joining the collection of scars" she replies looking down, she seemed ashamed and embarrassed and I hated it. "May I see" I ask, shes hesitant but still nodded "I have to err take my Uhm top off?" She told me but it came out more like a question. I patiently wait for her to do so, this was probably taking a lot for her to do so and I even turned around so that she could take it off without me looking at her.

"Done" she mumbles and I turn back around, she is stood with her back to me and as I look I start to feel sick. Her back was covered in marks, one particular marking caught my eye. It was done with a knife, her back was engraved with words, horrifying words. I couldnt bare look any longer but I had to be strong and reassure her. I carefully take a step closer and touch ome of the scars, she flinched as I do. "You wanna know what I see" I ask and I see her nod. "I see a brave and strong girl, who has been through hell and back, only to come out stronger and these are her battle scars" I tell her as I trace my fingers along the lines. "How about getting a few tattoos" I ask handing her he top what's on the sofa and then turn around. "They told me I couldnt have them" she whispers.

I take a deep breath, she has been so brave, to open up and tell me everything as well as showing me. I should do the same. I haven't opened up to many people though. Only my parents and nick know. But I knew it would be better for her if I told her.