chapter 6

Isabelle
Shopping with reagan was certainly interesting. We went from store to store buying dozens of clothes. I hadnt even owned as many in my entire life than what we had bought today. I thought I had enough after the first shop but boy was I wrong. We had luckily stopped towards lunch time and got something to eat from the food court. I felt guilty for eating so much recently but I no matter the large feeling of guilt I enjoyed it.
Soon it was time to head back, we had been several hours and it had worn me out. As Reagan drove she finally asked the question I had been dreading. Throughout the day we had talked, mainly she was talking about clothes but this time it was more serious.
"Who hurt you" she asked deadly serious. Could I trust her? Yes. Would they find out? Probably. But then again Alex had the place burnt down so they might think I'm dead. What if she told Alex though, then he would know I lied to him about them treating me ok.
"I wont tell anyone" she said trying to convince me.
"Just some kids at school" I say, it was partly true because some of them did hurt me. I guess I was using this as a test to see how she would respond. I wasnt being a good friend. "Damn, did the teachers not stop it" she asked and I shake my head. "Well dont worry, alex clearly likes you and you are under his protection now so no one can hurt you" she says. I nod and look out the window, my thoughts drifted to a memory.
"Princess, come down from the tree" I had climbed a tree to prove a point to jack, he didnt think I could climb as high as him so I climbed higher but I got stuck. "Dad, I'm scared, I dont wanna let go" I call. Jack had run inside to get dad once he realised I couldnt get down. "Trust me princess, just let go and I'll catch you" and i did. I let go and i could feel myself falling until i wasnt. I was safely in my dads arms. "I'll always protect you, no matter what"

"We are back" Reagan's voice knocked me from my thoughts. After she parked in the garage we both carry my stuff and a few of hers to our rooms. "I'll come back once I've put away my stuff" she says and I nod. I begin to put a way and I was quickly done. "Let's go find nick" reagan says stepping foot in my room. I nod at this and soon we set out to find him.
"Fuck this " we hear what sounded like alex then it was followed by loud noises of things being thrown or even smashed. "I can go back, I'm so close boss" another voice said calmly. "No, I'm not risking your life, we still have information to blackmail them with. We will just have to find out the mole ourselves" alex snapped. "Let's go grab a drink" reagan said she knew we would have to pass them to get a drink, sneaky girl.
We entered the corridor downstairs but before we walked further a few girls appeared. "Didnt know you were that desperate for friends reagan" one of the girls said. "Yeah I thought I'd mix it up a bit, you know since I hang out with the guys" reagan snapped back. "Sure I get it, you finally gave one of the boys a STD so they got rid of you and now you hanging with her" the girl said making what appeared to be her minions laugh. Reagan looked broken at this and I felt as if I should do something but I didnt know what, I barely knew these people. "Ha at least the boss actually likes me, he tolerates you because you're good at the job" she said back and pushed past her, I follow not knowing what else to do. "I dont have any STDs, just I find hanging with the boys more chilled then with girls like her, never fucked any of them eithet" she whispers to me and I nod, how was I suppose to react. "Hey I'm not done with you" the girl is back and stood in front of us. "I'm done with you though" reagan said but the girl completely ignored her. "Who are you" she asked directing the question at me.
"Leave the girl alone"