chapter 10

Isabelle

Me and nick burst out laughing as soon as we left Alex's office. Dani was too much and sort of cringey.
"Cant you see how much we love each other" nick mocked, his voice cracking as he did.
"I'm all yours baby" I reply in a mocking tone.
We both just stopped and looked at each other before laughing again.
"Shes too much, alex probably hates us now for leaving him alone with her" nick says as we calm down from laughing.
I knew it was suppose to be a joke but I couldnt help but feel fear. Even after the talk we had i couldnt help but be afraid, he said I was safe but I couldnt help but worry about doing something wrong and him not hesitating and killing me. He wouldnt hate me right? I mean he did tell nick to take me to the kitchen.
"Hey you ok" nick asked, I guess he saw I was a little distracted
"Yeah all is good" I reply not wanting to talk about it.
"You really dont have anything to worry about,  the school was just business" he said like it was no big deal. I shuddered at the thought, innocent kids were killed and they just thought of it as business.
"So all those kids were just a job to you" I ask suddenly feeling sick. "Yes, sometimes in life we have to do things we dont want but its necessary" he says like it's no big deal. "Then why not kill me, I was there. I should be dead right now,  why aren't I dead" I say/ask, I was getting frustrated now. "Well incase you didnt realize I didn't kill a single kid, second the boss has you under his protection, third I dont wanna kill you" he states and walks off again, presumably to the kitchen. I followed but I really didnt want too, I wanted to be away from this nightmare however I was scared of the consequences.

Once at the kitchen, he places a plate of food in front of me told me to eat then left.
As I ate I began to let my mind wonder, it had been such a long day and although the shopping was moderately ok I just wished I was anywhere but here. I wanted to curl up and cry and just my whole life to be a massive nightmare which I would wake up from and my parents would be in the next room sleeping peacefully.
After eating, I washed and put away my plate. I was mentally drained today and i just wanted to sleep, so with that in mind I headed back to the room I was given.

Alex
"I dont love you and I never will" I shout.
I had been trying to be nice and understanding but she couldnt get that I didnt like her so I finally snapped.
She looks annoyed and crosses her arms  "you will some day" she says and walks out as nick walks in.
"The mole is getting to close, we need to end it once and for all" he says sitting on my sofa.
"Well that's what I'm trying to do" I reply.
"Well the longer we take the more chance of a attack, the Russians are most likely come after us soon" he says like it wasnt common knowledge.
"I know what to do" I tell him in which he rolls his eyes.
Tommorow was going to be an experience...I think.