chapter 32

Alex

It had been a few days since Jack found out and between me and him we werent leaving her side. I had become even more protective of her since what happened and I knew that sometimes it would annoy her but she never said anything. Today was a special day, it was Isabelle's birthday. I wanted everything to be perfect.

Right now we were doing last minute preparations, it had to be perfect.
"Where is the cake" I shout as I notice the place were the cake was suppose to be empty.
"Its here" henry yelled running in with the cake. I roll my eyes "what took so long, the girls will be back any second" I ask as he places the cake down "traffic" was all he said.

I had made the rest of the gang stay away from the house this evening as I knew it would be to much for her to handle. This would be our last night here anyway so I wasnt to bothered if they came back, just as long as they stayed away.

Raegan and isabelle had gone out for the morning, I had told rae to take izzy shopping just to get her out of the house, she immediately agreed and took my card with her. No doubt I will be down a few hundred by tommorow.
"Does everything look ok" jack asked as he fussed with the balloon arrangement.
"Yeah, you two need to calm down she will love it"  nick answers
"Yeah jeez how does it feel to be the boyfriend and the brother" henry says and jack looks at me with anger "the boyfriend,  what the hell does he mean by that" he asked clearly he was angry but I just shrugged "why dont you ask him, nothing is going on between us" I state kinda annoyed at the accusation yet I still felt a tiny bit of disappointment knowing it wasnt true.
"Yeah it was just a joke" henry says shrugging like it meant nothing.
Before anything else can be said we here the door open, the girls were back. "We are home"  rae shouts and jack and me leave the living room to go greet the girls. "Welcome back" I  say giving izzy a quick look over, it had become a habit of mine to look over her every time I saw her, just to make sure she had no new injuries. "Did you have fun" jack asks "the best" rae answers, unlike rae, izzy doesnt answer instead she nods in agreement to her. "I'm gonna take the backs upstairs, jack help me" rae says and drags jack upstairs as they carry the bags they got.
I was alone with her and some how I felt happy knowing it was just me and her. "So how was it" i ask. "I like rae, shes great but I hate shopping" she says and I coulfnt help but agree. Rae was like a sister to me but I wasnt a fan of shopping and with her it was 10x worse. She would drag you to every store and take forever to pick an item. She would take a top then put it back and get one in a different shade of colour. It was frustrating. "Well dont worry, it's over now" I say and she smiles. God her smile was just amazing. "Next time I'm dragging you with us" she says and I laugh "you can try" I say and she lightly nudges me which makes me laugh further. "We are back" rae says and her and jack are walking down the stairs. "Great, izzy come with me" I say and lead her to the living room. I open the door and we walk in, she looks shocked at the room, we had decorated it with balloons and banners with a massive 18 balloon. There was a table against the wall which had the cake sitting on along with cupcakes. "Wow, thank you guys" she states looking around. "Present time" henry shouts like a big kid and shoves a present in her hand.
Over the past few days, henry and izzy had become close to each other, he no longer wanted to kill her and dumb her body in a field instead he wanted to do that to anyone who hurt her...he would have to get in line though.
"You shouldnt have got me anything guys" she was in disbelief which made  me angry. Not at her but her lousy excuse for parents. They had adopted her for around 6 years and she probably hadnt had a birthday in that long. She deserved the world after everything she had been through.

A few hours past and it was now evening, we were all watching a film after celebrating her birthday.

Nick and raegan had gotten her some clothes and a few books...we all noticed she enjoyed reading during the first few days of her being here. Henry had gotten her some jewelry...he wasnt quite sure what to get her so he figured all girls love jewelry. 
I had gotten her a phone and laptop...I didnt want her to feel like a prisoner so I figured these would make her feel  more free.
Jack had probably gotten her the best present of all, it was a photo album with pictures of both of them from their childhood including their parents, who at a glance, both seemed familiar.

"Did you enjoy your birthday " I ask as the rolling credits appear on the screen. She nods "it was the best in a long time, thank you so much" she replies. I smile at her, I was glad that she enjoyed it. "Well I'm going to bed, we got a busy day tommorow"  nick states and gets up.
Oh right,  I almost forgot about that.
Izzy looks at me with confusion so I decide it would be best to tell her, I mean she will notice when she goes up to her room and sees all her stuff has been packed into boxes "we are moving" I tell her. "Where to" she asks . "Just more into town. We decided it would be better to live apart from the gang" I tell her and I notice a look of relief pass her face.
The real reason for moving wasnt just that it would be better, it was also because I didn't like the idea of izzy being around so much violence, I didnt want her to see me...I mean us in a bad way and finally after the ben incident she was terrified to go into the kitchen, which I didnt blame her for.
"That's great" she says. She was super happy, I could tell and it made me happy.

Damn. I was falling harder each day for this girl. By now I had come to the conclusion I cant screw up. No matter what, I had to be there for her.