chapter 47

Veronica
That little bitch ruined everything. Now john was aware I was doing drugs I had no reason to keep who my dealers were a secret so I told him, he didnt seem to care though. "Dont you dare put the blame on them" was all he said, well shouted.  I never told him about what I had his friends pay me to do, he would throw me in jail. That was worse then the divorce he was demanding.  I could see his love for that bitch was starting to show, he needs to realize she wasnt our daughter, just some orphan we took in.
A knock at the door interrupted our thoughts and John went and answered it, was this his divorce lawyer I wondered as a middle aged man walked in. "Can I help you" john asked. So he didnt know him.

John
How stupid could I be. I was so happy that Isabelle was back that I didn't stop to think about the hatred my wife had for her, looking at it, she seemed to be happy she was back to but now I knew the truth. After the two men left, which I wanted to stop but I didn't for 2 reason. Isabelle knew and trusted the man, secondly they seemed better than us. Although as soon as they left I lashed out at veronica, of course non violently but I was pissed, why the fuck had she put her down in the basement not to mention she was on fucking drugs. And then she had the nerve to pass the blame onto the 2 guys, apparently one was her drug dealer. I didnt care though and I wouldn't be investigating them, I saw how much they cared for izzy and I just hope she has found a better home.
A knock at the door had me getting up to answer, not that veronica would. A man walked in, he acted like he owned the place which he certainly didnt. "Can I help you" I ask, I wasnt impressed by this guy. "Actually yes, I'm here about your daughter, isabelle" for done reason I felt the need to be protective. How does this man know who she was? Who was he?

Meanwhile

Alex

It had been 2 days since we got her back and although it wasnt even 24 hours, something happened there that changed her. She was quiet and flinched at us all, I knew how scared she was when we first met but she wasnt this bad, when we met I saw how broken she was but I saw a fighter in her too, that was gone now. I was determined to find out what happened so I could help her and I could also give them a punishment to fit the crime, death was inevitable for them. I was ready to torture them to death, the torture itself depended on what they did to her. My priority was Isabelle and I wasnt going to leave her again. I had started working from home just so I was there if she needed me. I rarely spent time with her though because she avoided me, she avoided everyone. I tried and failed.  I though she was ok after I made her something to eat when I got her bsck. She hugged jack, she forgave him, she talked to us as she ate but then she went for a nap, I could see she was exhausted.  When I next saw her, she was broken. Had one of the guys done something to her, had Jack done something else. I had to get to thr bottom of this. Another thing that was different was our naps or sleeping patterns, I suggested if she was having trouble sleeping I would lay with her till she falls asleep but she refused. I felt a bit hurt but I knew it was down to something that happened.
Jack walked into my office, disrupted me from my thoughts, I was currently working, well trying to but my mind wouldnt stop going back to her. "What is it jack" I say, I still hadnt forgiven him fully, I only understood why he did it. "Isabelle is worse today, I screwed up this is my fault" he said, before he cam throw himself a pity party I stop him "how do you know shes worse" I ask, already getting up to leave "I think it's best if you see for yourself" he says and I nod "ok" i walk out, forgetting to ask where she was but I knew she was more than likely going to be in her room.

When I enter, I see her curled in a ball crying, she was a mess and I hated seeing her like this. I knew she didnt like when I touched her anymore but I
couldn't see her like this anymore so I quietly walked over, got on bed and pulled her into my chest, I just laid and held her as she cried. I didnt stop her, I knew she had to get it out of her system. I just wanted her to know i was there for her. "I...I..I'm s...sorry" she stuttered quietly through so many tears that it made me hold her tighter. "Dont be, I'm here if you want to talk about it" I tell her and she slowly and reluctantly nods. "Veronica she...she...."