chapter 14

Jack
I didnt think much of the girl who alex picked up off the streets or god knows where. I saw the fear in her eyes though which confirmed my beliefs that she was weak. Alex seemed to like her though,  it was obvious especially when she called him by his name. That was rare,  even with us he preferred boss or sir unless we were chilling. I had no intention on befriending the girl, I would teach her self defense then I would not have to bother with her again

Isabelle
Yesterday I spent the day with reagan, it was ok up until she started talking about jack again and how I was going to see his abs tommorow, the words she used actually made me physically sick. She took it upon herself to create me the perfect work out outfit however it showed some of the horrific markings so I decided to wear a hoodie along with the sports top and legginings.
  I made my way down to the gym using instructions reagan gave me yesterday. It was 8.59 but as soon as it turned 9.00, jack appeared.
"At least your punctual" he said looking me up and down. "You might get a little hot in the hoodie" he comments  "I'll be fine" I couldnt risk him knowing. "Right follow me, we will work on your strength first" he says and we walk over to a punch bag. He grabs some items of a shelf and begins wrapping my hands "these will protect your hands, I want you to punch the punching bag for a little bit, ok" he said once he was finished. I looked at it, it wouldnt hurt me, it couldnt, and with that thought I began to punch it. "So how long have you been in this gang" I ask jack, I was currently 85% sure he was my brother but I had to make sure before I said anything. "Since I was 17" he said like it was no big deal. So it might not be him but if it is, what did he do for those two years. "Do your parents know you're in a gang" I ask, I know it might have seemed insensitive but I need to find out. "Shut the fuck up, we arent friends, I'm doing my job and that is to teach you self defense " he shouted and that made me automatically stop punching. He was angry, he was going to hurt me. I shouldn't have said that. "Pathetic, watch and learn" he snapped and wrapped his hands before using another punch bag, the more he hit, the more stronger the punch, the bag flew back and fourth and tears fell down. I couldnt do this.

He stopped punching and looked me dead in the eyes "you dont belong in this world kid" he shook his head almost looking at me in pity. The reality was, I've been surrounded by violence my entire life, it was nothing new. "Right let's spar a bit, so I can see what you need to work on" he says and motions to the boxing ring. "Are you sure" I ask hesitantly, maybe this was were he would beat me up. "Yes deadly, take of your hoodie it will be easier" he says put I shake my head. He rolls his eyes and we climb into the ring. "Ok kid, we will do it with just the wraps " he said motioning to the wraps which were around our hands. I nod, I was beyond scared, from the punching bag, I could see he was so much more stronger than  john or any of his friends. "Punch me" he says like it was nothing. I didnt want to but he glared at me so I went to punch him, he stopped me however and grabbed my hand "you see how my hand is placed on yours, now I have the ability to knock you down, I also can break it, twist it or get you pinned" he said like it was no big deal. Please dont break it. "So if I was to knock you down I would do this" he said moving my arm up then down real fast. He kept on showing me different ways he had lifted however he did it slow and gentle, even when showing me how to break an arm he never applied much pressure. "Do you feel confident enough to try" he asks and I nod. "Great, gotta do it quick though, if u just have hold of my hand I will struggle more" he says. He goes to punch, i grabbed it as he stopped his hand in front of me, I quickly pull it up then down fast and twist a little till he finds himself on the floor. "Great" he smiles up at me. I hold my hand out for him to take but he ignores it. "Never keep your feet like that, always be on guard" he says and with a leg he swipes it under mine and I fall. Fuck. "You ok" he asks sitting up. "I'm fine" I say also sitting up. I had fallen onto my stomach and it was quite embarrassing.  "You took quite a fall, let me see" he helped me up but his hand was around a fresh bruise making me wince in pain. He notices and even though he had been a complete dick he looked concerned.  "Take the hoodie off, let me see, you could be hurt, no you are hurt" he said, why was he acting like he cared. "Stop acting like you care" I tell him, feeling annoyed with his new behaviour.  "You took a bad fall, let me see your wrist it could be fractured" he says and goes to roll up my hoodie sleeve but I back away. "No" i couldnt help but shout.  He didnt really care. "Fuck, cant you see I'm trying to help you. You know what have it your way, 30 push ups now" he practically shouted and I did as he asked, I couldnt have him hurt me. I think that would utterly crush me.
"You gotta learn push ups so if some guy gets on top of you, you can get up" he says and I shudder as memories threaten to resurface.

I couldnt do this, I collapsed onto the floor and cried. All the times John's friends had done it. I cried so hard. "Fuck, hey, it's ok that wont happen." He says trying to comfort me. "Why didnt you stay " I couldnt help but ask him, my voice cracking after each word. "Stay" he asks. "Yes, you left me" my cries got stronger. I couldnt do this. I cant. "I cant do this anymore, I just want it all to stop" i say and i feel arms wrap around me, suddenly I find myself crying into his chest. "What do you want to stop" he asks as he rubbed my back in comfort but of course I winced in pain. "Everything, the pain, I cant do this. I just want my family" I cry, referring to the time I truly was happy. "I can talk to alex about letting you go back to your family" he asked and I shake my head. "My parents are dead" and more tears fall. "Shit, I'm sorry, what about siblings, aunts uncles" he suggested.  "You left me, you were suppose to protect me" I say through tears. He takes hold of my chin  and makes me look at him. "What's your name" he asks. He didnt know? Did the guys not tell him? "Isabelle " I whisper and I could clearly see shock pass his vision. "How old are you" he asks quietly. "17, 18 next Wednesday" I say and he stands up pulling me with him. "Fuck is it really you" he asks inspecting me. "Yeah, is it you" I ask in return. "Wtf how are you here" he asks pulling me into a tight hug "the school that alex went too, he kinda spared my life" I say and he nods. "I'm so happy your here,  fuck I missed you" he hugs me tighter.

"Why did you leave " I ask