Builder In Red (Grian)

I RETURN!!!

IT'S oNlY BEEN LIKE TWO SCUDDING MONTHS-

OKAY I'M ACTUALLY REALLY REALLY SORRY ABOUT THE FACT THAT I JUST VANISHED

FGHJKFGHJKVH BUT TAKE A ONESHOT

This oneshot is actually a birthday gift for @Gremmllin !! Gremm, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Oh also this chapter is Grian-centric not ship-centric so the thingy in parenthesis is just "Grian"-

Warnings --->

WC: ~1000

Enjoy!

The builder in red beamed as he walked around the shopping district.

Blonde hair, bright eyes, excited expression. 

Laughter that echoed in the empty space in The Barge as he chatted with someone else as he restocked.

Busy, but still happy.

Bright.

Carefree.

When he walked in a room, it almost seemed brighter.

When he laughed, other people did too, because it was simply contagious.

No matter what he did, something about it felt special.

Because he was special.

The boy with the red sweater.

And his name was Grian.

"Hallo Grian!" Iskall called as he entered The Barge. Grian smiled at the sound of his friends voice. An idea stirred in his head, and the prankster had to bite back a smirk.

"Hey Iskall!" Grian replied, his voice carrying a slightly different tone than normal. Iskall didn't seem to notice, though. The cyborg pulled some materials from a chest, then handed Grian some diamonds.

To Iskall's surprise, Grian pushed them away.

"Oh, there's no need for that," Grian laughed, his voice light and airy.

"What? Are ya gonna give me free wood?" Iskall was clearly biting back a laugh. 

"Not exactly free," Grian teased. "But I'd prefer you pay me in alternate methods." Iskall raised an eyebrow.

"I don't have netherite on me," Iskall pointed out. "But I can get some, if ya like?" Grian simply shook his head.

"That's... not exactly what I had in mind," Grian said carefully, stepping closer to Iskall.

Then the other got it.

Iskall's face flushed and he opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, before finally managing a "W-what?!".

Grian burst out laughing, doubled over, cackling. Iskall stared at him for a second, then joined him, their laughter filling the room.

"Your face!" Grian cried through his laughing. "Your face was priceless!!"

As the giggling died down, Iskall finally spoke.

"That was amazing," he snickered. "I need to try that some time."

"Try it on Ren," Grian suggested. "Except less platonic. Anyways, I gotta go- busy day- bye Iskall!"

As Grian left, he caught a glimpse of Iskall's face, which was redder than he'd ever seen it.