Attempt (Beetho)

HELLO

THIS WAS REQUESTED BY Xanthicat

AND Y'ALL

DO NOT REALIZE

HOW LONG THIS TOOK.

YOU KNOW WHEN THIS WAS REQUESTED????

MAY SIXTH.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT TODAY IS???

OCTOBER SIXTEENTH.

I greatly apologize for the wait- I literally spent like a total of four days on this, out of the ridiculously long time it took for me to gather my motivation.

Anywho, without further ado, let's go!

Warnings are blooooood and vooooomiiiit and haaaanaahakiiiii

WC: ~1500

Enjoy!

Etho considered himself to have at least a fraction of a braincell.

Which was saying something, considering the rest of his friends were complete crackheads.

So you would think that when he managed to catch the deadliest disease ever, he'd know what to do.

But instead, Etho merely stared at the pile of yellow petals in front of him (odorata sulphurea, to be specific) in shock.

"I... I can't believe it," he mumbled, scooping up the petals in a hand, his stomach churning with fear.

What now?

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't just confess.

...Easier said than done.

Etho smiled softly at the petals in his hand.

I'm smart. I can do this.

I won't go up to him and straight-up tell him, but I can certainly drop hints.

It's just about beating the clock.

"Hey, Beefers!" Etho called out. It was about a month since he'd gotten hanahaki. He had put off confronting Beef for a while, but when the petals started coming stained with blood, he'd decided that it was for the better. His best friend turned around with a grin on his face.

"Hey!" the other replied, embracing Etho in a quick hug upon his arrival. Etho's chest tightened, but he forced a smile and kept going.

"I was wondering if you'd like to hang out?" Etho offered. "Just chill for a bit, maybe head to the Shopping District or something? I haven't really seen you around too much lately."

"Yeah!" Beef agreed. "Sounds great to me!"

"Then it's a date," Etho declared, holding a hand out with a grin.

Beef took it, completely unaware of the implications behind the joke.

They shot into the sky with their elytra together, and Etho's throat burned with his first failed attempt.

Attempt One of making a subtle romantic suggestion failed. Onto Attempt Two.

Etho had to bite back a sigh at the thought.