Confess (Beetho)

Shoot- wait, it's actually been a lot longer than I thought.

I'M SO SORRY! I thought I was on top of this...

Guess not.

Sorry for the wait!

*realizing it's only been like a day or two and some authors take weeks just to get something out*

Well... mine are super short, so CREDITS TO THEM BECAUSE WRITING A LOT WEEKLY IS HARD.

Also Beetho. Fight me.

I've actually wanted to do this ship for so long but never had any ideas. So, erm, I decided to just do a confession. Shut- shut up... *ashamed*

Warnings are... none. Actually, maybe a bit of self-hatred.

Setting is... somewhere. Okay, whenever I say that, just use the real-life AU (this does not mean RPF's)

WC: Speaking of short... *sigh* ~600

Enjoy!

Etho had to do it. He knew he had to. He wanted to. He wasn't sure how much longer he could hide it.

BUT WHY WAS CONFESSING TO HIS TRUE LOVE SO HARD?

Etho ran a hair through his snowy white hair. Maybe he should ask for help? No, he didn't really want anyone to know about his feelings before Beef did. 

"Okay," Etho muttered to his mirror. "Beef, I have something to tell you. I've been in love with you for the longest time- no, that's too... straightforward." Etho studied his reflection for a moment. His weird mismatched eyes. His weird white hair. His abnormally pale skin. His stupid, skinny body. Maybe this isn't the best idea. 

Etho sighed, then sat down on his bedroom floor. Beef wouldn't like him back, so what was the point?

We're friends, Etho told himself sternly. Although I might want to be more. But that doesn't matter. Point is, we're friends, and I can tell him anything.

Right?

Etho sighed again, drawing his legs close to his chest. He wasn't sure if he could do this. He wasn't sure if he should do this. My feelings could tear our friendship apart. I don't want that.

Etho pulled himself up. I'll just tell him. Just so that he knows. Etho was tempted to sigh a third time, but he held it back.

Beef won't hate me for who I am, right?

Etho shook away the thought, refusing to accept it. Their friendship might end, yes, but Beef wouldn't hate him. Right?

Right, Etho assured himself, opening his door just to see Beef's face.

"Hey Etho!" Beef said cheerfully. "Where ya going?" Etho smiled.

"I was actually just about to go find you," the Canadian explained. "Come in." 

Etho and Beef both went inside Etho's house. Etho was silently rehearsing possible things to say in his head, repeating the best ones before throwing them into a mental trash can.

"So, what were you looking for me for?" Beef asked. Etho froze.

What do I say?

WHAT DO I SAY?

"Erm, why are you here?" Etho asked, deciding to table the turns. 

"I actually had something to tell you," Beef said with a nervous chuckle. Nervous? 

"So did I," Etho admitted.

"Both blurt it on the count of three?" Beef suggested, stepping closer to Etho, who nodded. 

"One," Etho braced himself.

"Two," Etho ran possibilities in his head.

"Three!"

"I think I'm in love with you,"

It took Etho a moment to understand what had happened. The pair of them locked eye contact, both realizing the same thing.

They had both said the same thing.

"I- what?" Etho finally stuttered. Beef looked just as shocked as Etho felt. After a moment, Beef took another step forward, bringing them close. Close enough to... nope

"You like me?" Beef's voice was soft. Feeling paralyzed with shock, Etho was barely able to nod back. Beef's smile was worth it though. His hands reached for Etho's face and, with a second nod from Etho, gently pulled his mask down. Etho took a half step closer, nearly closing the distance between them, bringing them close enough for their noses to touch. Beef's warm hand traced Etho's cheek, who felt an unignorable desire to make a move.

So he did.

Etho closed the space between them, kissing Beef. Beef gave a small squeak of surprise, then wrapped his arms around Etho and returned the kiss. Etho felt himself melt against Beef's chest until they both finally pulled away. 

"Please don't call me your friend anymore," Beef murmured, bringing a hand through Etho's hair.

"Would you prefer boyfriend?" Etho asked with a smile, which Beef returned.

"Yes,"

Expect more Beetho. I love it. SORRY ABOUT PERSONALITIES YET AGAIN!

-Storm