Three

I took a break to write and publish this.

I'm currently putting together my new dresser and it's the most annoying thing I've ever done.

I've been at it for 5-6 hours now and I'm not even halfway done.

-

By noon, my hair was a mess.

While going through and signing all of the paperwork Bill had dropped on my desk, I'd repeatedly run a hand through my hair so now it was just this big mess.

I had also taken off my heels. Normally I don't wear those, only when I need to like myself and today I wanted to try and make myself feel and look hot.

Every fifth minute, I'd look at the picture on the desk. A family picture. It was taken about a year ago when I was trying to cover up the shitty family life we had.

Malcolm had an arm wrapped around me and I was wearing a tight smile while he was holding Leah. Elsie was standing next to me, holding my hand while smiling her genuine smile that can make so many hearts melt.

A knock at the door made me jump, almost falling out of my own seat. I sighed and grabbed the edges of the desk, pulling myself back under the desk, sitting on my chair.

"Come in!" I called, gathering the many papers to try and make it look like I wasn't a big slob. I'm not really a slob but right now it looked like it.

I ran a hand over my face as the door opened, and yawned into my hand. As I opened my eyes after yawning, I paused... looking at the person that closed the door behind him.

"How do you know where I work?"

"Well—" George let out a breath and shoved his hands into the pockets of his trousers while he approached my desk. "...at the bar on Saturday, you said something about working at Gringotts so I simply told my brother your name and voila... here I am."

I narrowed my eyes at him as I leaned back in my chair.

"Stalker."

A smile spread on his face as he walked around my office, looking at the different things.

"No uh... you forgot something at my place."

I tilted my head, keeping my eyes on him as he looked up at the painting on my wall, then he turned towards me and pulled something out of his pocket.

When I saw what it was, I laughed.

"You found out where I worked and showed up here just to give me my hair tie back?"

I pushed myself out of my chair, approaching him as he held out the hair tie. As I took it, I realised it wasn't mine.

It was purple and I only owned black ones.

"Yeah, that's not mine."

"Huh..."

I looked up at him as a small smile spread on his face while he pushed the hair tie back into his pocket.

"Might be my daughters then."

He has a daughter?

Our eyes met and I raised my eyebrows in question. I had not expected that. His flat looked way too neat for a guy with children. My own flat is a mess.

"You—"

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh, yeah I have a daughter." He said. "Should I not have said that? See... I knew I should've waited 'till the third date."