Sixty-four

Hello my lovely friends.

I'm back with another chapter. I've been on a small break, but now I've got a chapter ready.

The first 700 words are written by sober me and the rest is written by... well, the version of me that I am right now lmao.

It's like 5 in the morning.

-

"I want to play Quidditch." Roxanne said as she stared at the tv with her head tilted.

There was one Wizarding channel and right now, it was showing a Quidditch games. I didn't know who was playing, but then again, I wasn't really paying attention to the game.

"You're into Quidditch?" I smiled. "I mean... it makes sense."

I glanced over at George who was helping Fred with some homework.

"Daddy was a beater." Roxi said. "Uncle Lee says that he was better than Uncle Freddie."

"Yeah?"

"Uncle Fred is dead." She stated as she stood up from the floor and joined me on the sofa. "I've never met him but he looked like daddy."

I looked at Roxanne as she scooted closer to me.

"Dia, can I ask you a question?"

I smiled.

"Of course."

"Where do people go when they die?" She asked. "Because daddy says they go to heaven but I'm not stupid. Heaven doesn't exist."

"You don't believe in heaven?"

Roxi shook her head.

"Well, there is not really any proof as to where we go once we die." I told her honestly. "But you don't have to worry or even think about that. You're six."

"Six and one month." She corrected me, causing me to chuckle.

"My apologies, your highness." I smiled and bopped her nose. "Six years and one month."

"Dia!" George called while Roxanne giggled. I turned around and smiled at George who held up a letter. "Must've known you were here. It's from McGonagall."

"McGonagall?!" Roxanne asked, voice high and excited. "Is it my letter?!"

"Your letter—" George chuckled. "...five more years, darling."

Roxanne groaned while I got up and walked over to George who held the letter.

"It's probably an answer to my job application." I said, taking a deep breath. I ran a hand over my collarbone, sighing before turning the envelope over in my hand.

"Are you going to be working at Hogwarts?" Fred asked, leaning on the table with his elbows.

I smiled at him.

"Hopefully."

If I had gotten the position, I'd be starting on September 1st. I'd get my dream job, and if I had been rejected, my world would break.

"I'll uh—" I gulped. "I'll open it later."

"Later?" George asked. "Not now?"

I shook my head and smiled as I tiptoed to press a kiss to his lips.

"Later."

"Oh, I get it." He teased. "You're scared."

"I'm not scared."

"Yes you are." He grinned. "You're terrified that McGonagall has rejected you. You're scared of rejection."

I folded my arms over my chest as I looked up at him.