Four

"He's got children, Inez..." I said, resting my head in my palm while she poured us both some wine.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

I chuckled and leaned back in the chair, biting down on my thumb.

"No, it's a good thing." I nodded, taking the glass of wine that Inez handed me. "That means he'll know that my children comes first, because he himself is a parent. The other guys I've tried to date doesn't quite get that. Remember Brian?"

Inez rolled her eyes.

"He was a dirtbag."

"Yeah, he got so angry that my children are my first priority." I said. "Though, it's really my own fault for trying to date someone named Brian."

After I got separated from Malcolm, I was busy trying to find someone who could fill that void. I had been with Malcolm since I was sixteen, him being nineteen and I hated the feeling of being single.

Though, the guys I went on dates with, either ran when they found out I was a mum, or they'd be upset if I couldn't go out because I had to be home with my children.

It's been seven months since I last went on a date. I took a very long break, focusing on myself and my girls.

"So this George guy... tell me more about him." Inez said with a cheeky smile, wiggling her eyebrows at him. "You barely know him but you're already smiling when talking about him. He must be charming."

"Oh, he is." I nodded. "I don't know much. I mean, I know he's divorced... I know he's got two children, a boy and a girl and uh... I know he graduated from Hogwarts in ninety-six."

Inez eyes went wide as she sat up straight, putting her feet down from where she had had them on the chair.

"No shit..." she nearly gasped. "...he graduated in ninety-six? Bitch... that means he's old..."

"Not that old." I shrugged. "Thirty-three or thirty-four. Anyway, it doesn't matter—"

"Babe!" Inez exclaimed, causing me to shush, seeing as Elsie and Leah were sleeping. "He's at least seven years older than you. You can literally call him daddy in bed."

"Oh piss off." I laughed. "I've literally met the guy twice. We're going on one day so there is no way to know if we'll ever get to sleep together again."

"Oh so you want to sleep with him again?"

I narrowed my eyes at her, tapping my fingers against my bottom lips.

"I feel like you tricked me."

"Oh I definitely did." She said while I sipped off my wine. "So... is he big?"

"Inez—"

"Mummy?" A small voice came from the doorway, earning the attention from both Inez and I.

Leah stood in the doorway, her teddy bear pressed to her body and her pacifier in her hand.

"Hi baby, did Inez wake you?" I asked and put down my glass of wine, then got out of the chair.

"No." Leah shook her head, looking at me while I walked over to her.

I lifted her up, placing her on my hip as I left the kitchen to put her back in bed.

"Did you have a bad dream?" I asked as she leaned her head on my shoulder.

She nodded, her hand clutching onto my shirt.

As I entered the bedroom, I looked to see Elsie fast asleep in her top bunk.

Leah had the lower bunk because she's only two, but I've put this kind of fence up so that she won't fall out in her sleep.