Nine

Elsie was packing her bag for school while Leah was sitting on the floor in the kitchen, playing with her toys.

I was packing lunch bags. I always made the lunch myself instead of just throwing some food in there and saying that's it.

Leah got some baked quinoa chicken nuggets in her lunchbox as well as some baby carrots that are easy to chew. She also gets some ketchup in the lunchbox to dip the chicken in.

She loves her lunch.

Then there's Elsie. For her I always make some vegetable sushi and then some fruit or vegetable on the side.

"Mamma!"

I looked at Leah who sat on the floor, looking up at me with a serious expression as she held out her toy.

"What's that baby?" I asked and crouched down. "'S that for me?"

"Yeah." She nodded eagerly, making me chuckle as I took what she handed to me. "Mamma play."

She pointed at the block she had placed in my hand, then pointed at me.

I wish I could always just drop everything and play with the two when they wanted me to, but sometimes... as in right now, I couldn't do that. I had to finish their lunch. Otherwise we'd run late.

"I'm sorry darling." I sighed and hugged her as she hugged me back. "I know daddy would love to play with you after school."

I pulled back to look at Leah as she looked down at my hand that held the block. She giggled and jumped a little as she grabbed around some of my fingers, closing them around the block, then opening them again.

Then she grabbed the block and ran out of the kitchen while shrieking with laughter which made me chuckle.

"Mummy!" Elsie then screamed as she stomped into the kitchen while I stood up, placing a hand on my hip.

"What's wrong, love?"

"I don't want to go home to daddy today." She said and walked over to the counter to see what I was doing.

"Why do you not want to go to daddy's house?" I asked, brushing my fingers through her dark hair.

"Because he forces me to eat my vegetables." She said. "And I don't like vegetables."

I chuckled.

"Well, I make you eat your vegetables as well." I said. "Vegetables are healthy, my love."

"But you put them on sticks!"

I learned that the girls are more likely to eat their vegetables if they eat them off of food sticks.

"Elsie—"

"Fine!" She groaned, dramatically rolling her eyes. She folded her arms over her chest as she stomped out of the kitchen.

Elsie made a friend at school on Friday. A girl who's a few years younger than her, but they sat together during lunch and shared food.

She hasn't told me the girl's name, but maybe she will once she gets a bit more comfortable with the friendship.

"Elsie?!" I called. "Can you do me a favour and help Leah with her jacket?! We're leaving in five minutes!"

"I can't!"

I sighed.

"And why not?"

"She's peeing on the floor!"

What...

I found Leah in the living room. She had pulled down her pants, taken off her diaper and had peed on the floor which made the three of us late.

Eventually after I cleaned up after her and got her into a new diaper and got her dressed again, the three of us left.

I dropped them off at school, watched Elsie run to the entrance where her class was located, and then apparated to Leah's school, walking her to her own class.

When I showed up at first, I apologised to Bill for being late before I walked down towards my office.

I looked down at the keys I had fished out of my pocket, looking for the right key to the door.

"Well would you look at that—"

At the sound of George's voice, I shrieked and jumped, causing me to drop my keys.

"...thirty minutes late to work."

"Alright, why are you showing up at my work?" I asked and bent down to pick up my keys, then glanced at him as I gently pushed him away so I could unlock my door. "And how do you know my working hours?"

"First of all, beautiful... this is also my brothers workplace... he's your boss." He said as I looked up at him, pulling the keys back out before I shoved them into my pocket. "And second of all...—"

He pushed some of my hair behind my ear before resting his hand against my jaw.

"...I asked him what hours you work."

He leaned in to kiss me but I grinned cheekily I opened the door and slid inside before he got the chance to actually kiss me.

"Ow, that's mean." He complained and followed me inside the room. I closed the door before I turned towards George.

"You want to kiss me?" I asked as he placed a hand against the door, leaning closer to me. "Then kiss me."

"Ooh... where did that confidence come from?" He grinned, slowly backing me up against the wall. "Do you wanna know a secret?"

I licked my lips, humming softly as I watched the expression on his face while my back hit the wall

George placed a hand on either side of my face and leaned down to be at eye-level with me.

"I haven't stopped thinking about your body since I fucked you."

Oh god.

"You know... I have work to do."

He hummed in response, pressing his body up against mine. I closed my eyes when I felt his lips against my neck, kissing my skin way too softly that it made shivers go down my spine.

We've had sex once and he already knows how to make my knees go weak.

We've been on one date...

We've kissed two or three times...

Yet, it feels like I've known him for much longer and normally I wouldn't let someone kiss my neck like this when I barely knew them, but my connection to him was strong for some reason and I trusted him.

He kissed his way up towards my ear and when he sucked my earlobe into his mouth, I felt my eyes roll to the back of my skull.

That's when he moaned into my ear, causing my eyes to open quicker than ever.

"You're right." He said as he pulled away, staring down at me with a knowing grin. "You've got work to do."

He pulled a pair of sunglasses out of his pocket and put them on before he brushed his knuckles over my cheekbone — then he took a step back.

"I'll leave you to it." He grinned. I probably looked shocked as fuck, staring at him with my face burning hot and my breathing heavy. "I'll call you tonight. How does that sound?"

I gulped.

"It's— I— cool."