Eighty-seven

Last chapter for tonight.

I've been writing nonstop for hours now and even though I love it, it's almost 2am and I should get to bed soon.

-

As Nadine told George the truth, he didn't say anything. He stared at her at first, then his eyes shifted to the table and he just sat there, staring with no expression on his face.

Nadine seemed nervous.

Her and George used to know each other and she had just both made his world fall, but also made his world light up.

His brother wasn't dead but at the same time, he had lived for fourteen years, thinking he was and it wasn't even Fred's fault.

"Wait..." George laughed and ran a hand over his face. "...Fred decided years of his life to a relationship with you. He was happy with you and you fuck him over?"

George shifted his eyes again to look at Nadine.

"You are a horrible person. You faked my brothers death without him knowing." He said, being awfully calm about the situation. "He wanted to come home and spend his life with his family and you took that away from him and now you don't know where he is?"

George leaned back in the chair, his eyes staying on Nadine.

"When was the last time you saw him?"

Nadine took a deep breath.

"He left me after six months. It's been thirteen years and six months since I last saw him. I don't know where he is. He said he was going home."

"Well he's not fucking home, Nadine!" George snapped. "There's something you're not saying! Where is my brother?!"

"Why don't you calm, George?"

"Calm down?" George laughed before standing up abruptly, slamming his hands down against the table, staring at it.

"Mate, back off my sister, yeah?" Henry stood up and so did I as he went to pull George away.

"Do not touch him!"

George straightened up and looked at Henry.

"Nice seeing two siblings bond like this." He scoffed. "Love seeing you so protective over Nadine when you couldn't be that over Dahlia. You both failed her big time and you are lucky that she even showed up here to hear you out."

George turned to Nadine again.

"You know where he is. Why aren't you telling me?"

"I don't know where he is, George!" Nadine now stood up as well. "If I did, I would've known."

"You're keeping something from me!"

"You're right!" She snapped. "I am! But I don't fucking know where he is!"

The leaky cauldron went quiet as everyone had put their attention on us, four adults who were all arguing and yelling at each other.

"Listen... growing up with the parents that I had— that the three of us had, taught me to be exactly like them. I was very manipulative in my relationship to Fred. While we were happy most of the time, the manipulative side would come out if we fought or if I was scared of losing him. I'm not like that anymore, I've been in a lot of therapy to change but... back then, I convinced Fred that you and your family had already moved on from his death, that they were happier now that he wasn't there, so yeah... maybe he wouldn't have come home because he didn't feel wanted."

Once again, no one said anything for a moment before George simply grabbed his jacket off the chair and marched out of the leaky cauldron and into the alley where the entrance to Diagon Alley was.