Chapter 13: Happy Holidays?

Shawna's POV

Justin left last night and I felt lonely as I walked inside the arena in North Carolina. I went to the dressing room. After changing I went to makeup. Then hair. Then meet and greet.

I met all of these beautiful, happy people that made me so happy. I was able to clear my mind off of the news I received last night: Jessie is still in the hospital and she's too weak to leave. She has to spend Christmas in the hospital and it broke my heart.

After my meet and greet I did sound check and talked with my fans. It was good for me, I was able to express some feelings, talk to them, I spent more time than usual at the soundcheck.

"How are you doing today?" Derek asked as we warmed up while the opening act was onstage.

"I'm pretty good," I smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm amazing, my mom is coming to the show."

"No pressure there, but THE Jennifer Lopez is coming to my show!" I was fangirling.

"Well you can meet her after," he winked.

"Oh my goodness, I'd love to."

Derek laughed and we got ready with the rest of the crew.

"Alright guys, last night for a few weeks. Let's make it the best!" I said.

We all huddled, said a prayer, did our chant, and got to our places. I danced, sang, and put all my effort into everything tonight. The show felt amazing. I cleared my head from reality for a few hours and it felt so good.

"That was so incredible," I smiled and wrapped my arm around Derek's torso.

"Good job," he draped his arm over my shoulder. "I felt amazing."

"You did amazing!"

Jennifer Lopez stood in front of us and i gave her a huge hug.

"Oh my, you're so amazing!" I said to her.

"Thanks sweetie, your show was great!" She smiled.

She hugged Derek.

"Good job kiddo," she messed his hair up.

"Well you definitely got some booty," she winked at me.

I laughed, "well thanks!"

We talked for a few minutes and we took some pictures. I posted the one of us hugging and one of us smiling together on Instagram.

Derek and I went out with Rachel and Jenny before we went back to the airport. I went to Michigan to visit Jessie. When I got to the hospital Molly was in a waiting room.

"Where's Jessie?" I asked.

"Oh Shawna," she hugged me. "I'm so glad you're here."

"I promised I would," I said. "Where's Jessie?"

"She's just getting a check up, I came out here cause it was really difficult for me in there. I just need to clear my head," she said.

I sat down with her. "Well I'm here. So talk to me."

She talked and cried. I held her hand and told her happy things to help her not think of the delicate Jessie, but the strong and happy Jessie. We spent a few hours just saying our favorite things about Jessie.

Her smile whenever I said something to her. Her little baby teeth and that cute little giggle that came after every sentence. Her obsession with princesses. Her small little hands that built things from castles to puzzles. When she's sad she has these huge tears that slowly go down her cheeks. Her strength. She's fought so hard for so long.