Chapter 2: Tour Life

"Have fun," Justin kissed me. "Be safe," he kissed me again. "Call, text, FaceTime." Three kisses.

"Okay okay okay," I giggled.

"I love you lots," he kissed my forehead.

"I love you too, I'll see you in a month!"

I kissed Carter and Jessica and then stepped on the bus behind Scooter. I waved as we started driving down the road.

"Next stop, Arizona!" Alfredo cheered.

I clapped my hands and sat down next to him on the couch. We talked about the tour and the dancers and the costumes and the fans. As we got closer and closer to Arizona I felt more anxious.

"Are you getting excited?" Alfredo asked as we entered Arizona.

"I'm actually kinda scared to be honest," I laughed a little.

"Don't be, you're going to do amazing!"

"It's been almost two years since the last tour, I'm terrified."

Alfredo pulled me into his chest.

"You're going to be great. Don't sweat it sweetie," he said.

I texted Justin: "Miss you already baby."
He responded almost instantly: "miss you more :( good luck tonight!"
I responded: "thanks, love you <3"

I locked my phone and laid my head on Alfredo's shoulder. We pulled into the arena parking lot and the fans were already there. They all saw the bus and started running toward it.

"Slow down," I told Joe. "They're chasing it."

He slowed down and I put one of the windows down and waved at everyone. They all screamed and I laughed and put the window back up. We parked the bus and there was a bunch of pounding on the side of the bus.

"They gotta stop," Joe said.

"I'll get it under control," Kenny stood up and stepped outside.

There was lots screaming and the door slammed shut. He returned a few minutes later without his jacket.

"Where's your jacket?" I laughed.

"They got it off of me," he said breathlessly.

"Oh my goodness!"

I walked to the door and opened it. Everyone screamed loudly.

"Calm down!" I shouted over them. They took a few seconds to get quiet.

"I can't get in the arena with you guys crowding my bus, and if I can't get in the arena there won't be a show! So if everyone can please calm down. I will try to get to all of you. Please don't get mad if I don't. I love ALL of you! It means so much that you all are here. And enjoy the show," I smiled and went back inside.

I changed and put on some makeup. When I went back outside I was smothered by fans. I signed as much as I could and stopped for as many pictures as I could. It took me twenty minutes to get through the crowd.

When I got inside we had to rehearse and then had soundcheck and then meet and greet. It's always such a blur, it goes by quickly, and I get exhausted. I felt more pumped, and more anxious than ever.

"Last person," the security guard told me. "You ready?"

I nodded and he let in the last person. She was crying and she hugged me tightly. I hugged her back. When she released I noticed cuts on her arms.

"Hey sweetie," I smiled.

"Hi Shawna!" She smiled back.

She must've noticed I looked at her arms cause she folded them against her.