Chapter 54: Moving Day

Shawna's POV

"Are we ready?" Justin looked at me as we all piled in the car.

I looked back at my two children, then the house, and then back to Justin.

"We're ready," I put my hand on Justin's cheek.

His lips met mine and when we pulled away he turned on the car. We drove to the airport where Scooter, mom, Alfredo, and Jennifer met us.

"Your clothes and electronics will be there in a couple hours," Scooter said. "They should be at your house when you arrive. All your new furniture is there, so all you guys have to do is fly there!"

I hugged Scooter, tears in my eyes, "I love you."

"I love you too sweetie, thank you for changing my life. I'm so proud of you and how far you've come. Can't wait for that album and the tour. Don't forget about us here!" He messed up my hair. "Have a safe trip. I will see you soon."

I smiled and nodded, I walked over to Alfredo as Justin said his goodbyes to everyone else.

"Well," Alfredo said. "This isn't goodbye. It's see you later. Because we're best friends and I will annoy you until the day you die. Now be careful, and have fun. We'll all miss you over here. So don't forget about us. I love you Shawna, and I am so so proud of you." Alfredo hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you so much," I smiled. "I'll see you soon bestie."

I walked over to Jennifer and hugged her.

"I'm very proud of you," she said. "And I look forward to seeing how far you've come within the next time I see you!"

"Thank you," I said. "You and Scooter take care."

I walked over to Pattie finally, and gave her a long hug.

"Now you take care of Justin, and take good care of yourself. Don't forget about us, and I will miss you a lot. When you come back to LA make sure you visit me. I'll work on my cooking," she winked. "I love you Shawna and I'm so glad you're my daughter, who cares about the in-law part because it feels like you're really my daughter."

"Well it's a good thing I'm an in-law considering I'm in love with Justin," I laughed. "But thank you Pattie for being like a mom to me. I love you so much and I will see you soon."

I walked back to Justin who was standing beside the kids. He wrapped his arm around me. I had tears going down my face as we waved our final wave to everyone and boarded the private jet.

I buckled Jessica and Carter into their seats and I sat beside Justin.

"I love you," Justin said.

"I love you too," I smiled and wiped my tears.

"It's going to be a great change."

I nodded and snuggled against him as the plane took off.

When we landed in New Bern the four of us got into a limo that drove us to our new home. Inside was beautiful. The house had a beach vibe to it. Different little signs were all over that had cute beach quotes. The couch was a dusty tan with gray pillows and some teal blankets draped over the top.

The coffee table was glass and had a little shelf under that had seashells and little piles of sand, with more beach quotes. The TV was on a dirty, antique looking stand that had doors on each side that were teal.

In the kitchen there was an island in the center and a bar on the outer part of the kitchen with light gray bar stools. The counter tops were a light gray and all over the kitchen were little teal decorations. Pictures of the family were in teal frames and placed all around the dining area and kitchen.