Chapter 33: Conversation

Shawna's POV

"Smile!" Chace said as he made me take a picture in Minnie Mouse ears. Him and I were at Disneyland with the kids. When he snapped the picture a big smile went across his face.

He turned the camera around and we took a few selfies together. Chace and I walked with the kids and went on a few more rides before I dropped them off at Justin's.

"Shawna," Chace said as I drove us to the beach.

"Yeah?" I looked over at him.

"You know I think of you as a best friend right?" He asked.

"Of course," I smiled.

"Okay, because I think you should talk to Justin."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you've avoided him for a month now that you've been home. You and I have been inseparable and I think that it's hurting him."

"What makes you think that?"

"He's called you. He's texted you. He's left you voicemails. He's written little songs for you and posted them on his Instagram. Shawna don't act like you can't tell that Justin is depressed."

"Chace I know, but what he did was wrong."

"I think you need to just talk to him about it," he said. "It'll make things better. If you two can't figure things out then you can be done but you have to try."

"Okay," I sighed. "You're right."

"Always am," Chace winked.

We got to the beach and Chace and I laid on a blanket and watched the waves. The sun started to set. We talked for a few hours and at around midnight we headed to Chace's place.

Chace turned on the tv when we got inside and the first thing I saw was: "Shawna Bieber and Chace Crawford hooking up? Justin Bieber depressed? Tune in to find out!"

"Can we change this?" I asked.

"I wanna hear it," Chace sat down.

"So it has been rumored that Chace Crawford and Shawna Bieber are hooking up. The past month has been filled with selfies from the couple, dinner dates, parties, clubs, and even today she was with him at Disneyland WITH HER KIDS!" The overly perky brunette spoke. "This is leaving Justin very depressed. Sources say Justin hasn't left his house in over a month and his mom visits almost daily to make sure he's eating and sleeping. Another source close to Justin says he's been writing a lot of music. When he's with his kids he's a full time dad but when they leave he gets quiet and shuts down. Poor Justin."

"Shawna you need to talk to him," Chace said.

I left and got in my car. I drove to Justin's. It was past midnight so I knew the kids were asleep. He didn't answer the door so let myself in. Beer cans sat on the table and I heard music coming from the studio downstairs.

"So please don't judge me," Justin sang. "And I won't judge you. Cause it could get ugly, before it gets beautiful."

I listened to the rest of the song and heard someone clapping when it was over. I opened the door and Chris Brown stood over the controls while Justin had his headphones on.

"Shawna," Justin whispered.

"I'll give you two some privacy," Chris said.

I smiled a little. Justin stepped out of the sound booth, the headphones around his neck. He licked his perfect pink lips. His eyes were tired and his face was pale. His hair was a mess, but he smelled so good. I couldn't keep my eyes away from his.

"Shawna," he said. "I've missed you."

He gently touched my jawline and I looked down.

"Justin," I looked up with tears in my eyes. "Don't. Cause it'll just make me fall apart."

"Baby," Justin started to cry. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"But it's been so many times," I said. "I just can't keep setting myself up for this."

"Shawna it's over. Me and those girls are over. You're my everything. We made a promise," he said.

I fiddled with his shirt a little, "but you broke the promise."

His fingers glided down my arm. And our hands met in the middle. Our fingers were barely touching but we stood there with them interlaced.

"I know," Justin said. "What would life be if we didn't break promises?"

"You broke it plenty of times. Justin, I just can't do it right now. Seeing you just makes me want you but I can't. I am not okay. This separation is killing me, believe me, but I just need some time."

"I understand baby," he said gently. He held my chin and lifted it up. "But just know I'm not going anywhere."

He closed his eyes and leaned in. I met him in the middle and tasted his sweet pink lips. When I pulled away I turned around and walked out.

"I love you," I whispered as tears streamed down my face.

Chris was standing in the hallway.

"See you around," I said to him.

"Aye see ya Shawna."

I left and drove back to Chace's. I cried the whole time and the road was blurry. I got back to Chace's house and he was waiting for me. I stayed up till 4:00AM crying in his lap. He rubbed my back and told me everything would be okay. That eventually Justin and I would find our way back to each other because if we were meant to be then it would happen.