Chapter 29: The Truth

Shawna's POV

"So has he talked to you?" Justin brought up in the middle of our conversation.

"No," I said. "He's been avoiding me for three weeks now."

"Why?" Justin asked. "I never said he couldn't talk to you."

"Justin he loves me," I blurted. "He admitted he's in love with me. And he kissed me. He told me that he can't talk to me until he gets over me."

"That's pathetic," Justin said. "You know what that's dumb on his part. He knew you were married when you started this tour."

"Justin," I said. "I can't help what he feels."

"He needs to learn some damn respect though," Justin said.

The FaceTime ended. I tried calling back and he didn't answer. Twenty minutes later there was a knock on the hotel door. I opened it and Derek stood in front of me.

"Why did you tell Justin what I told you?" He stormed inside the hotel room.

"Good to see you too Derek," I said.

"Yeah I don't care. But you told Justin and now he's calling me and telling me to back off and that he'll have me fired."

"That's not going to happen."

"Well that's what he said," Derek was getting loud.

"It's my tour. My crew. My choices," I said.

Derek rolled his eyes.

"What did Justin say to you?" I asked.

"That I need to learn respect and that I'm invading your relationship," he said.

I crossed my arms and put most of my weight in one hip.

"Shawna," he said gently. "I'm sorry if I did that to you. I didn't realize it. I just really like you and i didn't think us getting close would bother him as long as you didn't feel the same way. Then you kissed me and cuddled with me-"

"When I was broken up with Justin," I interrupted.

"Yeah," he said. "But anyway I just got so excited and happy because you make my world better. You've impacted my life so much and I can't begin to describe it. I didn't mean to fall in love with you but I did. And I'm sorry," Derek said.

"Don't apologize," I said.

"Shawna," he said. "I'm in love with you."

I didn't know what to say. All I could do was look at him. I felt guilty. He looked at me with his ice blue eyes, his brown hair was a shaggy mess but it was so hot. His kind smile was slowly fading.

All I did was wrap my arms around his torso and put my face in his chest.

"Derek," I said.

"What?"

"I love you too," I whispered.