Chapter 47: Date Night

Shawna's POV

I curled my hair and put on a light blue dress that was comfy, I slipped on some wedges to match and grabbed a purse that matched as well.

"Why are you so beautiful?" Justin came in the bathroom as soon as I was finished.

He was wearing a white v-neck tucked into some dark blue jeans and white vans. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder. We both looked in the mirror and I smiled at our reflection. I turned around to face him and looked up into his beautiful brown eyes. My hands rested gently on his arms and he put his hands just above my waist as I kissed his sweet lips.

When I pulled away I had a huge smile on my face, "I love you."

"I love you too," he smiled.

We walked downstairs and got the kids in the car. We dropped them off at Scooter's before we went on our date.

"So where are we going?" I asked Justin.

"That's a surprise," he grabbed my hand as he drove down the road.

"You asshole," I laughed.

Justin laughed and I watched him drive. His focus on the road, his hand clutched the steering wheel, the tattoos on his arm were visible in the now darkening sky and I looked at every detail of them, I look at his delicate jawline and I smiled. I kissed his hand and he looked at me.

"Fuck I love you," I said.

"I love you too," he said. "More than anything. Just remember that."

I smiled and held his hand with both of my hands. Justin drove and drove and I knew where he was headed after a few minutes, the cliff.

"So we're going to the cliff?" I asked.

"Yes," he said. "Sadly you know this place but don't worry it'll be romantic. Just stay in the car until I'm done setting it up."

"Okay," I laughed.

He parked the car at the top and I went on my phone until he opened my door. Outside there was a red and black plaid blanket laid on the grass just a few feet below where I usually sit. He had lights strung up from branch to branch on a couple trees, making the lighting romantic. There was a classic picnic basket on the blanket.

"It's so cute!" I kissed Justin. I took a picture of the little set up and sat down.

From where we were sitting I could see the city below us and the ocean, along with the Hollywood sign which lit up just before we got there. I took a panoramic of the area and then Justin and I took a few selfies.

"Okay I'm done with my phone," I said. "You're just too cute."

He pulled out the food, some ham sandwiches with grapes, chips, and cookies. He had Coca Cola in glass bottles. I took a picture of him eating his sandwich and then I took a video of me tossing grapes into his mouth.

The evening was filled with laughs, kissing, and good food. Justin made me feel like the only girl in the world. The two of us updated our snapchat stories with hundreds of seconds of videos and pictures of our night.

When we got home we laid in the sheets, naked, drinking beer until 3:00AM when we were both too tired to keep our eyes open. Tonight was much needed and I know I am the luckiest girl in the world.