Chapter 26: Stupid

(JUSTIN'S POV)

I got the money out to pay the babysitter and my phone rang. Chris Brown was calling me.

"Hey bro," I answered.

"Bro, it's Shawna. She's not okay," he said to me.

I ran upstairs to change, "what happened?"

"She got totally wasted and she was puking but she lost consciousness and then when she woke up she started seizing and then she stopped breathing," he was talking so fast.

"Did you call for help?" I said.

"Yeah, they're on their way. Just meet them at the hospital," he said. "I'll be there."

"Okay," I said.

I got dressed quickly and thankfully the babysitter hadn't left yet. I told her the situation and ran out of the house. I got into my car and drove to the hospital as quickly as I could. Chris met me inside.

"What happened?" I tried to keep calm.

"She's going in for an MRI right now," he said. "Calm down Justin."

"That's my baby," I cried. "And I have been a total ass to her the past couple weeks."

"Kinda stupid that this situation made you realize how much you love her," Chris said.

"You're totally right," I admitted. "But I really do love her. More than life itself and I was dumb, it was a huge mistake cheating on her again."

"Well then why'd you kiss Kendall tonight?"

"Everyone knows don't they?"

"Well for one, you're Justin Bieber. You don't get away with shit. And for two, you were in the middle of the crowd. EVERYONE saw," Chris laughed.

"Kendall's into me and I'm trying to keep things on a friendly level but she looked so damn good tonight."

"Bro," Chris said. "You're stupid. I'm sorry but you shouldn't be looking at any other girl but your own. Shawna's yours and you're so damn lucky. I could've taken her home with me tonight. She's fucking beautiful. Now be proud of your girl. Show her off, she's all yours and I'm fucking jealous so make others jealous too. Don't do stupid shit like that if you love Shawna. You're just going to hurt her to the point where she wants to drink and then this will happen."

Chris really opened my eyes for me. I hugged him.

"Thank you," I said. "I think I'm getting way too over my head in this. I was totally stupid and you're right. So thank you."

"Shawna Bieber," a nurse announced.

Chris and I walked over to her.

"She just got out of the MRI, you can visit with her. We're giving her some fluids right now. She's resting but we'll give you guys the results as soon as we get them," the nurse smiled.

I walked into the room and Chris followed me. We sat down beside the bed.

"Justin why are you here?" Shawna said. "You kissed Kendall and I bet you're going to be begging for my trust once again. I'm done."

"Shawna," Chris said. "Just listen to what he has to say."

I grabbed her hand, "listen... You're my wife. My entire world. My other half. My better half. You complete me Shawna, and I am so deeply sorry. I was getting way over my head and I pushed you to your limits. I'm so sorry about everything that has happened. But right now you put yourself in a dangerous position. I'm so in love with you Shawna and I'm sorry for making the biggest mistake of my life. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I don't want to lose you. Ever. Please just give me another chance. I promise to be loyal and to stop hanging out with those girls if that's what you want."