Chapter 22: Birthday

Shawna's POV

"Good morning!" Derek greeted me. "Happy birthday gorgeous."

He handed me a cup of coffee, flowers, balloons, and a donut that had rainbow sprinkles on it.

"Derek thank you!" I hugged him.

"Of course, you're my best friend and I want your birthday to be special."

"Well thanks! It's definitely going great so far," I smiled as I ate some of the donut. "But you know what would make it better?"

"What is that?" Derek asked.

"If my husband called me. He hasn't called in three days."

"Well maybe he's been busy with the kids."

"Better be," I laughed.

I finished getting ready and went to rehearsals. We had a show tonight and I was really excited.

After the four hour rehearsal I got ready for the meet and greet.

Every fan greeted me with a smile, hug, and a 'happy birthday!'. I loved it. They made my birthday so amazing. After soundcheck I stood with Scooter and Alfredo, who just got back yesterday.

"Have you heard from Justin?" I asked Scooter.

"Yeah," he said. "Justin's doing great."

"Oh," I said. "Cool."

"SHOWTIME!"

We got to our places. The show started and I was dancing and having a good time. After the first four songs I went and changed. When I got back onstage everyone was holding up paper signs that read: "Happy birthday Shawna! We love you."

Derek and John came on each side of me and pulled me back to a huge colorful throne as the crowd started to sing. Jenny put a crown on my head and I couldn't stop smiling and laughing.

The lights were directed to side stage and I saw as my husband walked out with my daughter walking beside him and my son in his arms. They were singing happy birthday and the crowd was going crazy.

I got out of the throne and ran to my family. I picked up Jessica and hugged Justin with Carter in his hands and Jessica in mine. I smiled and I couldn't stop. I was so overly happy. Justin kissed me and the babies were all smiles.

After they finished singing the birthday song I stood in front of the crowd with the biggest smile on my face.

"You guys," I smiled. "I love you! So much. Honestly, this has to be the best birthday I've ever had and it's all thanks to my wonderful fans and my amazing family. Thank you!"

I hugged Justin and the babies once again. When they exited the stage I started to sing my other songs.

After the show the whole crew went out for dinner in Paris. After dinner we went back to the buses.

I got undressed as Justin sat down on my bed. I saw him looking at me in the mirror. Instead of putting clothes on I walked over to him and tilted his head back. I kissed his neck and left a love bite before I went down to his chest.

He wrapped his arms around me and held me as he flipped me over. He pulled his pants off and I was startled when he entered me.

I dug my fingers into his back and gasped. He held me closely.

"Calm down," he whispered.

I relaxed as he went harder and I wasn't prepared. I gasped loudly and then laughed at myself. Justin exited and we fell back kissing. I couldn't get enough of him. We wrapped the blankets around us. It was just us, our warm bodies and the covers.

"This is by far the best birthday," I whispered against his lips.

"Happy birthday baby," he whispered and kissed me.

I was happy. I had my family here and I felt happier than ever. Somehow I felt protected with Justin by my side. I didn't realize how tired I was.

"When was the last night you got more than two hours of sleep?" Justin asked as he rubbed my back.

"I can't remember," I mumbled. "It's hard to sleep. But you make me feel safe."

"I love you baby, get some sleep cause I leave tomorrow night and you still have three days of shows in a row."

"I know, I don't want you to go."

He rubbed my head, "he's gone now baby girl. You're safe. You're totally fine. No need to be afraid."

"He put a gun to my throat and threatened my life, I have a lot to lose Justin so I couldn't just be okay with it. I just feel so scared all the time. He was so intimidating and now the slightest things scare me."

Justin didn't say anything he just kissed my head. I fell asleep in his muscular arms. Real sleep. Sleep that wasn't bad, that I didn't wake up sweating from being scared. I got a full 8 hours of sleep and I woke up with my baby right beside me.