Chapter 9: Forgiveness

Shawna's POV

"I'll see you in another month," I said to Justin.

"I love you," he kissed me.

"I love you too," I hugged him. "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

"I promise I won't," he winked. We started walking downstairs.

"Jessica!" I said. "Where's my hug?"

Jessica came running to me and hugged me tightly.

"I love you, you have fun and be careful with daddy."

"Love you mommy."

I picked Carter up from the little chair he was sitting in.

"I'll see you soon Carter," I smiled and kissed his chubby cheek. "I love you."

Carter smiled and I put him back down. I hugged Justin one last time and left. Scooter was waiting in the driveway for me. I got into his car.

"How you doing kiddo?" He asked.

"Great," I smiled. "How are you?"

"I'm a little tired, but good."

I smiled and looked at the road.

"Can I ask you something?" Scooter said.

"Anything."

"Why would you let him come back when you know he's just going to break your heart?" Scooter asked.

"Scooter I've learned to forgive Justin. He had no clue what he was doing and sure I sound stupid but I don't care. He made a mistake. I still love him. I love him more than anything."

"I know Shawna," he said. "But the more you show forgiveness, the more he has the power to break you."

"Scooter I'm a grown person and I can handle Justin on my own."

"Shawna you came running to me."

"I had no where else to go and because you're my uncle," I rolled my eyes.

"Im sorry Shawna. I'm here for you always."

I looked out the window and we arrived at the airport. The crowds were huge and there was at least ten security guards. I was put in the center of them and they guided me through the fans. I kept my head down until we got to the plane.

Scooter got on behind me and we sat down in first class.

"Next stop, Michigan." The flight attendant announced.

I sat back in my seat and took a nap during the long plane ride. When we arrived in Michigan I met up with my dancers and we had a rehearsal before the show.

"Shawna it's so good to see you!" Derek hugged me.

"You too! How are you?"

"I'm doing great, how are you? I heard about what happened."

"Oh I'm fine," I smiled.

"That's crazy, you're lucky you didn't get too hurt."

"Oh I know," I said. "How was your thanksgiving?"

"It was amazing," he smiled as we warmed up. "How was yours?"

"Well it was okay," I shrugged.

"Why what happened?"

"How about after the show we can get some movies and food and just talk?" I smiled.

"That sounds great," he smiled.