Chapter 10: Jealous

Shawna's POV

I woke up early so I could catch a plane to Michigan and be back in Ohio for the show tonight. I was visiting Jessie, she's in the hospital for her final treatment and I was planning on surprising her.

Scooter drove me to the airport and I kissed and hugged him before leaving. The plane ride was an hour and a half and when I arrived in Michigan I caught a cab and went to a shop to buy Jessie some gifts.

I bought her a teddy bear, one of my posters, and a necklace. I signed the poster and wrote her a little message before I put everything in a gift bag. I caught another cab to the hospital and went up to the floor her mom told me she was on.

When I arrived on the third floor I found her room and her mom stood outside.

"Hey Molly," I smiled and hugged her.

"It's so good to see you," Molly smiled. "She hates treatment but I think you'll help her."

I followed Molly into her room and Jessie looked over.

"SHAWNA!" She squealed.

I hugged her and she giggled.

"I got you a present," I handed her the gift bag.

"Thank you Shawna," she smiled and took the bag.

I watched as she took out the teddy bear and the poster and the necklace. She loved each one. I helped her put the necklace on and she cuddled with her bear.

"We'll hang that in your room when we get home," Molly told Jessie.

"Okay," Jessie smiled.

I sat with Jessie for hours. We talked and laughed. I talked with her mom and got some lunch with her. When 4:00 came around I wasn't looking forward to leaving her.

"I'm going to visit you the next time I have a night off so I can spend more time with you," I told Jessie.

"Okay, I'll see you then. Thank you Shawna!" Jessie smiled and hugged me.

Molly walked out with me.

"This is her last treatment," Molly said. "And the doctors told me she's just going to go downhill. It's going to be difficult to hold a conversation with her and she's going to be tired."

I hugged Molly. Hearing that made my heart hurt and I know as her mother it must've hurt more.

"If you need anything, and I mean anything, just call. If you need to talk or just need someone to be with you, call me." I told her.

"Thank you so much," Molly was in tears.

"Of course," I smiled.

I hugged Molly one last time. "I'll see you soon," I waved.

I got a cab back to the airport and boarded the plane. At 5:30 I was back in Ohio. I saw Derek waiting for me and I ran up to him and hugged him. I started to cry.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"She's not going to be okay," I sobbed.

He held my hand and led me through the crowds. We got to the car and he removed my hair from my face.

"I'm sorry," he said. "Don't cry."

"I couldn't help it," I wiped my cheeks. "Jessie is such a sweet girl and I've gotten to know her."

"I know, you've impacted her life so much. It's difficult, but you can handle this. You have to be strong for her," he said.

All I could do was hug him. I really just needed a hug. Derek has become my best friend and I trusted him. I didn't let go for a few minutes.