Chapter 16: London

Shawna's POV

We made it to London safely and the fans were so welcoming. They lined the streets with signs and cheers. I heard them singing some of my songs and I was so happy. I'd stick my head out of the bus occasionally and wave.

"I love it here," I smiled.

"It's great, huh?" Scooter smiled.

"Yeah," I smiled back at him.

My phone started ringing, Justin wanted to FaceTime.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey baby, did you make it to London?"

"I just got here, it's amazing."

"I know, I love it there!"

I rolled down my window and showed Justin. The fans went nuts.

"Wow they really love you," he smiled.

"Aw I miss you, how's everyone doing?" I sat back down.

"We're great here. We all miss you," he said. "But we're good."

"Well I miss all of you," I said. "What are you guys up to?"

"Oh I was going to head out with Hailey and Khalil. We're going bowling and stuff. Nina is watching the babies."

"Oh well have fun," I smiled slightly.

"You too baby, have a good show. I love you."

"I love you too!" I hung up.

We got to the arena and fans were outside there as well. Security guards got me inside safely and we rehearsed since our last show was three days ago.

"Want to go get some coffee before the show? You look a little tired," Derek said after rehearsals.

"Sure," I smiled.

I went onto the bus and put on some nicer clothes. I put on the cardigan that I wore when I met Jessie. I took a minute to send her a little prayer and then I left. It was chilly in Europe and when I stuck my hands in the pockets of the cardigan I felt a bracelet. I pulled it out and looked at it.

It was the bracelet Jessie gave me. I slid it on my wrist, the pink beads matched my pink tank top that I was wearing under the cardigan.

"So you ready for this show tonight?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, it should be fun." I smiled. "I'm really excited."

"Me too," he said. "How's Justin?"

"He's good. He's going out tonight with some friends so thats cool i guess," I laughed a little.

"Shawna, you're my best friend. What's up?"

"He's going out with Hailey... And Khalil, but Hailey."

"You should have no reason to feel jealous or threatened by her," Derek said. "You're fucking beautiful, and if Justin doesn't realize how lucky he is then he's dumb and not worth it. Don't feel worried, you guys are going to be just fine."

"Thank you Derek, that means a lot! I don't know lately I've been feeling so self conscious. I think it's because Hailey is so beautiful and she's been hanging around with Justin obviously long before me."

"Well you're his wife, she's not. You win either way," Derek winked.

We got to the little coffee shop and I ordered a cappuccino. Derek and I sat outside as the cool London breeze swept by. After we were finished we headed back to the arena.

I got ready for the meet and greet. Everyone I met was so happy and sweet and I loved it. After the meet and greet I had a Soundcheck filled with laughs, it really helped my mood.

-----------------------------------
Show time....

Everything feels so unreal. I sing until my lungs can't put anymore air into the note, I dance until my legs burn, I smile until my cheeks hurt, I laugh, and I cry.

The show is like an escape. It's my happy place. Everyone is happy and everyone is singing and dancing and no one is worrying.

The big booms in the back of the stadium changed everything completely. Suddenly the screams of cheer are screams of terror.

Everyone is running and I freeze. I can't move, I watch as my fans clear the arena. I feel a huge pain in my chest before I hit the stage and black out.