Part 35

"Ms Reed, here is your question and here is your answer sheet. Good luck" A brown old man handed me some papers.

I am presently in my firearm test. Stacy bought me here with zero participants. And I am sitting in the desk and focusing on the test. Stacy is talking with the old man far from me.

I looked at the question and all were really silly. I think I mostly gave correct answers.

Finally, I completed my test, expressed my gratitude and walked from there. There's really an advantage from being on a mafia's side. Stacy recorded my practice and they said they would hand over my license without any test furthermore.

We are going to the office to inform Brezo about my leave.
"Wasn't the question easy?" Stacy asked.
"Yah it was. How much did you get on your time?"
"They don't check the answers. Specially, when you have powers in your hand" Stacy proudly said

"Riley sir got his license without any certificate" Oli said while driving
"That doesn't mean that he can't shoot at all" Stacy confronted.
I recalled the memory of Riley shooting Elliot and choked
"Yeah he is a good shooter"

"I heard that you are going to Australia the day after tomorrow?" Stacy asked.
"Yes"
"Have fun there"
"Surely. Why don't you come with me?"
"I can't. Emmy's operation you know"
"Is the date happened on the day after tomorrow?"
"Unfortunately yes"
"Hell, I am not going"

Stacy looked at me with rounded eyes
"You are seeing your family after a long time"
"Emmy is family too. I will stay with him"
"Alaska relax. Me and Riley is enough. We can handle him"
"But-"
"You are going. No more ifs and buts" Bossy Stacy interrupted. There's no point to argue with her. I shall talk to Riley.

"So, Australia?" Brezo asked
"Yes sir"
"How many days?"
"Just a week. Can I?"
"Sure. Not everyday our young girl goes and visits her family" Brezo smiled
"Thank you. And I will ask Katie and Kylie to do my shifts"
"Not needed. I will handle it"
"That's so kind of your sir"

"So Alaska is going to Australia?" Ellie said eying me
"Yep Ellie"
"Have fun Alaska"
"Thank you Ellie"
"Apparently, Riley told me to inform you that he is waiting outside for you"
"But what about today's work?"
"Of course, it's a day off for you. Isn't it dear?"

I nodded and I headed towards the exit after meeting everyone. Riley is standing leaning against the car. He smiled after noticing me.

"Who will do the work if you keep me summoning like this?" I grudged
"It's my company"
"Don't you have work to do Mr Mafia?Is that how you are going to run your company?"
"I will leave the company if I don't get to spend time with my lovely girlfriend"

I blushed but pretended hard
"Why did you called me?"
"I wanna take you somewhere"
"Where?"
"Come" he opened the door of the car. I headed inside and sat. He sat at the drivers seat.
"Won't Oli drove today?"
"No. I am at your service, your highness"

He leaned forwards and I can feel his hot breathe against me. His deep eyes are the perfect black hole. I thought he is going to kiss me but he tied me within the seat belt. Shit! I forgot to tie it.

He started accelerating and within some moments we are riding outside the city. The country side is evergreen.

"I will miss you Alaska"
"I will miss you too"
"I will miss you more"
"Is it true that Emmy is having his surgery the day after tomorrow?"
"Yeah"
"Riley, I think I should stay here"
"What good will you do by staying here?"

I felt insulted. It's true that I won't do anything by staying here but Emmy is family. And Emmy has been nice company since I have known him. He sensed my brain and said
"I am sorry. I didn't meant that. I was just saying-"
"I knew what you meant Riley. I shouldn't leave Stacy in this agony"
"Stacy is stronger than we all think"
"Being stronger has a limit. You haven't saw that"
"You think I am a soft person?"
"No. But you don't have secrets within you"

He let a deep breathe out while focusing on driving
"I wish I could say that Alis"
I flinched hearing this
"What do you mean? Are you hiding something from me?"
"No"

The car stopped meanwhile and I looked through the window. A meadow with long grasses. The area is huge and there is a mountain beside it. The whole environment is peaceful and blissful.
"Oh my God, Riley. It's so beautiful"
"Isn't it?"
"Yes"

I opened the door and started walking through the grass in bare foot. Riley eyed me for a moment but he also came to walk with bare foots. There are droplets of fogs. The grasses are watery already.

"Is this your secret favourite place? Like a hero has in their story?"
"It isn't my secret favourite place. And I bet over the hero thing. I think, I would make a villain better"

I chuckled hearing this. You aren't the God Riley, you are God's own devil!

"How did you discovered it?"
"I didn't discovered it. Emmy and Stacy first show it to me few years ago. That's where, Emmy found Stacy first. She used to live across the mountains. After Emmy's accident, Stacy spent most of her time here"

I let a deep breathe out. He continued again
"I haven't seriously considered this place to bring you but I wanted to spend some time with you alone"
"This place is so beautiful"
"I liked it too"
"Doesn't Stacy comes here now?"
"I haven't asked her recently. Maybe she stopped"
"She shouldn't ignore this heaven"

I walked few more. I am in love with this place. No wonder, Emmy found the most prettiest girl in the most prettiest place. Cold wind is tucking my hair automatically. Christmas is within some days and maybe after few days, it will start to snow.

"Things will be like now if you come back from Australia. Won't it?"
"It will"
"Thanks for saying that"

I can feel something is bothering him about me going to Australia. I think it's a Marshall issue. But he is in the required place.

I took Riley's arm in my hand and kept my head in his shoulder. The safest place in my earth.

Next day-----

I packed my dresses with all things I could. My bag has been full. I am hella excited but also don't wanna leave Riley. But he is assuring me since yesterday.

I decided to meet Emmy today. I will be going tomorrow. It's hard to see him so broken but hardest to look at Stacy's eyes. She is more broken than him.

Riley drove me to the hospital today. Stacy has been with him since yesterday. I love the way she loves Emmy.

I opened the door and found Stacy is feeding him soup and they smiled at me.
"Alaska" Emmy smiled
"Emmy" I whispered
"See me for the last time" Emmy chuckled.
"I wanna see you in your feet after coming back from Australia" I said
"He has been talking like this since yesterday. No one is gonna die" Stacy yelled
"Don't say like this Em" Riley said
"I will miss you Real" Emmy looked silently at Riley
"Nothing is gonna happen. You will be all right. Mark my words" I said
"I have said this guys to stop worrying and pushing me to these surgeries. But they won't stop untill I die"
"Me and Riley has been trying hard just to see you in your feet and you are accusing us" Stacy said
"No. But I love you and Riley. Alaska you too"

I chuckled. He looks so pale today and Stacy is looking more paler than that. I hope everything goes fine and I can see a smile in Stacy's mouth. Maybe after that, she will really start to live a life worth living. She is really the strongest women I will ever know.

(Hey guys, what do you think about Emmy's operation? Lemme know. #RileyAlaska)