Part 78

Riley's POV

"Tell that bloody bastard to give me the fucking video. I need that as soon as possible" I hanged the phone and tossed it into the floor as high as I could!

It broke into pieces and a rush of oxytocin hit me hard. It's been a week since I last saw Kiddie and Finnie. I don't get to like or love anything onwards except breaking phones. It calms my nerves.

"It's the 10th time in the week" Stem called out from the couch. I didn't noticed him. I hate to show my temper before him. I jerked frustratedly.

It's the 10 time in the week that I broke a phone after talking to the lawyer. They aren't letting me see the cctv footage of that night. Courts orders. It stated that it's a confidential proof. Why can't I see it? Not as like I'm gonna trap my kiddie. What if they change it in the court tomorrow?

"Breakfast's ready" Stacy said while keeping the plate on the table and I said again
"You know everything"
She gave me an obvious look and said
"Perhaps yes"
"Stop being bossy. She is gonna forgive me soon" I said in a rude tone. I have grew to be boorish to everyone and I love this glamour.
Stacy gave me an odd look and said
"Don't take it as an easy game. She won't ever forgive you. It's about Fin. And no mother can tolerate this"

I looked into my bleary confident. Of course, it's definite. I'm trying to save her from a murder case. She will forgive me damn sure just I need to clear my opinions.

I took my hoodie and rode my black Lamborghini. It's my new routine since last 7 days. I drove straight to Layken's house. It's the 7 times in a row that I have been standing outside Layken's home, apologized but Kiddie never let me even see her. I miss Finnie. She is just a week older. How she looks now? I patted my silly back. None grows in a week.

As always, I have pressed the bell and as always Layken opened it with her snooty eyes. I just desire I could reap it out but right now, she is playing an important role. I can't help but be decent to her.
"Lake" I called affectionately but she never melts
"Do I still need to make it clear to you, Riley? She doesn't wanna see your face. Get out"
It's annoying how much disdain she tries to show me but I'm not surrendering untill I see Kiddie.

"Call Alaska. I need to end it today" I said pleadingly. I just hope someday they would be the ice cream but they always has a reason to be the metal.
"In your dreams" she smirked and closed the door right in front of my nose just like the 7th time of this week.

It hurts! Despite all of the failure, I always wakes up to this hope that I gotta see my Kiddie and Fin today. I sat on the floor beside her door and kept my heads to my knee. I'm doing this for the past 7 days. I spend my whole day sitting here untill Lake calls the security guard to throw me. I could just bribe him but it makes me feel that Alis gets to know I'm here till midnight waiting for her. And that's what sums up my all efforts!

"He deserves it" I looked at the sound. Kylie and Kylie are giving me the best look since 7 days. I don't give them a fuck! It's their regular routine. I earn the odd looks from everybody of this floor but not the look that I crave!

I looked into the white tiles with blurry vision.

Alaska's POV

"He appeared again" Layken said while handing me the cornflakes. I'm about to take a bite but stopped.

It's the 7th time of this week. He comes here everybody, tries to talk to me and pacify me. I never ever came in front of him. He doesn't deserve it.

I can't withstand a man who decided to sell my daughter. I can't even believe him to be genuine this time. He has always played with my feelings and emotions.

But I feel desperate for him. Despite all of that, it feels an ache in the chest. It feels like I'm missing a huge part in my life. I look thinner than I looked before. At least Layken says so! I don't even remember when I last slept a sleep worth calling it! My some past habits made their way. Like remaining awake till dawn.

No matter how much I wanna forget what he did to me, no matter how much I wanna remain drown in Finnie, night remains at its worst. I hate when night cames. It feels so alone!

Katie and Kylie visits me whenever Layken is in the hotel. And they 3 have grown to be bonded by Finnie. She amazes them. The Spencer Company is suffering a lot according to Katie and Kylie. Shares have dropped and as Riley isn’t there, Stacy is trying hard to handle but still nothing is in control. The media is interested to know what happened and why we have separated our ways but the Spencers are quiet about that! How the hell they gets to know everything? I hope Spencers never open their mouth in this case. Brezo has been annoyed and disturbed since my incident. It is often rumoured that he will gonna leave Spencers soon. I get irregular visits from Latent. Fred and Mark tried to contact me. Either they are gonna visit me physically, or no contact!

I looked at Finnie in the cradle. She is awake and moving her eyes curiously. A small grin appeared on her face but disappeared within a second. God knows what comedy show ceiling shows! But I love the fact that whenever she smiles she has an indentation at her cheek. Maybe it's a sign of dimples. I thought to oust the cradle as Ana has gifted me. But right now, I have no money to buy another.

I might have to go to court tomorrow though the lawyer said the decision is unsure. If it is, I might have Layken to babysit Finnie. It also means I might have to see the face of Riley. I reminded myself never to make an eye contact. But heart betrays!

"If I knew that he is gonna do that to you, I wouldn't ever assist him" Layken murmured summing all the plates. I looked at her
"What are you talking about?"
She gave me an odd look for some time
"Alis, don't misunderstood me. I thought he loved you. He represented in that way. He told me, Mark and Fred about you and told us to protect you. He threatened the rest of the students to never come across to you. Even he changed the rank in the final exam. You had failed but Riley gave a death threat to the authorities"

I closed up my eyes. Never my classmates talked to me. Never ever! They would always gave me an odd and disguist look. I never got a clue why is that! It makes sense now. I can now relate why Mark was angry with my position. He was supposed to have that rank. There's a lot of people I need to apologize. Things are getting complicated day after day. How I'm gonna live with the burden of sacrifices of so many people?

My certificate! Even my certificate is fake. It was never true. I mistook it as my eligibility but it's an illegal result.

"Mark had a fight with Riley. And Riley beat him hard accidentally"
I gave a mocking smile hearing the word accidentally. Perhaps, she doesn't know that Riley never does anything in accidentally. I remember the bloods at the face of Mark when he called me at the cafe to apologize. He knew and he was hurt but he never told me. How am I gonna repay you Mark?

"That means, you guys became my friends due to Riley's order?" I won't wonder if she says yes. There's nothing in this world that can surprise me now.
"No Alis no. We never loved you because of Riley. We love you because of you" Layken became unprepared and hugged me.

"Did he told to keep me here?" I asked keeping my head into her shoulder
"Do you think I would follow his orders despite all?"
I remained quiet.
"Listen to me" my silence worried Layken.
"I have a job for you" I looked into her face weirdly
"My certificate is fake" I said and she looked at me with sympathy
"It's a part time job in McDonald's. You just have to serve the foods. You can earn a living and take care of Finnie" Layken assured me.
"I know I need to look up for a job soon"

I looked worriedly at Finnie. I have no source of income. I need some money badly. I can't be a burden on Layken anymore. For how many days, I'm gonna hide in my dark room and keep Finnie in secret while my criminals are standing outside in the dazzling sunshine?

I'm moving on in my life. For my daughter. I'm gonna work for her. Everything has an end. This is the end to everything.

(Hey guys, I hoped you liked this and do tell me how it was. #RileyAlaska)