Part 81

Alaska's POV

I let out a deep and long breathe which was an accumulation of my all pains. I looked into the glamorous Riley Spencer, who is asking for my forgiveness. There’s nothing going to be okay with us now. He gave up my everything at stake.

"Please. A last chance" he said while redeeming. I shook my head despite all my bleeding of heart.

When I first saw him in front of the door, everything jumped together. I wanted to strangle his neck hard and say all the meanest thing that could ever escape from my mouth. But at the same time, I wanted to jump into his arms and tell me how miserably and terribly I'm missing him! If one year ago, someone would tell me this, I would giggle and say it will be the last thing in his mind.

The most idiotic and sensible person resides within us. The most hard decision is to choose between one of them when they are both reasonable and justified.

"I will make it up to you" he again said. This time, a small tear dropped from his eyes. I would surely wipe it Riley, if you wouldn’t messed up.

"It's no more about me or you. It's about Finnie. How will she gonna feel when she's gonna hear that her own father disowned her? It's something that will trouble her. The media has already started making bullshits about you and me. They are creating fake news everywhere. I have been getting death threat emails and calls from everywhere" I said with immense hatred.

I have checked several emails that came from random strangers. They all are threatening me for claiming that Riley is a horrible person to do something big to me. I don't know how they got to knew or they were just throwing stones in dark.

I think they were just being vile. Some of the reporters claimed that I'm an alien from another planet and I have been doing something with Riley to rule this world and Riley stopped me as he got to know. Some even guaranteed that Marshall and Riley are good persons and great friends, I'm the devil. Some said that I made Finnie half human and half robot by surgeries so that I can use her. I don't even know how to react here!

The media got to know about something being fishy but they don't know the authentic news. That's equally a blessing and a curse.

"I will make her understand. She will surely get it. You forgave your own Dad. My Fin will do the same" he said while cleaning the tears.
"In your dreams" I smirked despite the lump growing on my throat. It hurts to suppress.
"I will. See, I got court's paper. You've proven innocent" he said showing me the papers.

I don't feel happy exactly but a relief
"Thanks for helping on that" I said trying to be grateful.
"Can't you just forgive me once? I'm sorry. I never meant to do all of this. I wouldn’t hand over my daughter that's why I returned. I knew Marshall would try to get hold of her, and he used Stem for that" he said redeeming clearly.

I remained silent for some moments. Nothing can be heard except his cries and my silent woes. He is genuine. I can see it. But it doesn’t change reality.
"You can't imagine what I'm going through. You are the epitome of greatness towards the world now. I'm getting unwanted hatred from everyone. You have fought for me and I'm thankful for that. But what about Ana and Jorice? Does mafias take a long time to catch anybody? I thought you were powerful"
I said with all my courage. It's been a week since they are missing and nobody seems to care about them. But I want them behind bars as soon as possible. Before that, I wanna ask them why they did that to me? I thought they are my true friends. Why they were so good at pretending?

"I know what I need to do" he sounded determined in his broken voice. God knows, what's he's up to!
"Do me a favour. Return to your office. Your company is suffering" I said.

No matter what he did to me, I would always wish his betterment.

"I'm gonna make it up for you. I'm leaving for office. But I won't let go of you. I will make sure to reshuffle my life again. Goodbye" he left without even turning back. I heard the door to close and I kneeled down in the floor with an ocean of tears.

Riley's POV

"Riley, save Alaska" a fierce yet burning voice called me out. I know this voice, the same voice which used to adore me once, love me once, protect me once. I jerked from my usual position just as I realized it was a dream and I'm sleeping on the car outside of my office. The office that I hadn’t been from 8 days. Scared Oliver thought it would be good to spare me into sleep. I'm sure he heard me.

I tried to freshen up a bit but my head feels numb. I tried to rest keeping my head back and suddenly tears blurred my vision. It took me physicians, therapists and consultants to get rid of this nightmare for 3 years. It never came back since 2 years except the night when I left Alaska for being pregnant. What's so exception today? Of course, I met with her after long 8 days.

I repeated through my mind not to think about this dream anymore. My therapists advised me so.

Kiddo is not what she used to be and now she is exactly how she should be! In between the chaos of everything, she is living as there's nothing. A war is going between her, not with the world, but within herself. No one understood her, not even me, maybe that's why she learned to live with her chest full of heavy darkness. Maybe that's how she should be because no one is for anyone neither anyone is complete without anyone. And that's why she exists and in a way her existence is how the Universe completes.

I stepped out of the office with the determination. I felt all the eyes towards me. Nothing new. But this time, an unknown curiosity. I don't give them a damn.

The door of the lift opened and Stacy looked at me with surprising eyes. I gave her a little nod and directed her to follow me. I opened the door of my office room, damn, I missed it. Though in this room, most of the time, I remained drown in work pressure so I never had time to enjoy its beauty. But maybe after 8 days of arrival, it feels so close.

"Riley" Stacy pronounced my words in front of me in order to hear something from me. There's a suspense in her voice.
"Stacy, I want you to gather all the head of department in an hour. It's urgent"
"What?" she abruptly asked
"You heard me" I said while knocking the paperweight in my hand.
"What's so urgent?" she asked. She is fearing my decision.
"You will get to know soon" I looked into another direction. So annoying!

"Share with me" she commanded
"Real" a voice called out after opening the door. We both shifted our eyes. It's Emmy. An employee pushed his wheelchair near to my table. I had called him here as soon as I got out of Lake's house.

After she went, Emmy asked in a tensed voice
"Is everything okay? Why did you called me to come here?"
Stacy said in a surprising tone
"You didn’t told me that Emmy is coming here too"
"I called both of you to discuss something. As you have rights here, you deserve to know"
"Don't say that you're leaving the company" Stacy said which made Emmy more desperate.
"In your dreams" I said and they both eased themselves.

They both looked at me with utmost attention. I know they aren't gonna agree at first but I don't have any option. I looked with hues in my eyes and spoke out with a clear voice hiding my desperateness.

(Hey guys, I'm back after a long break. My exams were taking place and I couldn’t risk being online since I'm in a family where education is the top most priority. But I'm free now and will be uploading regularly. Also, I got rated many times. That's a huge achievement. Thanks for showering your love. #RileyAlaska)