Part 73

I sat beside Riley who was caressing me and Finnie at the same time. I haven’t completely forgive him. I'm angry but it's sort of temporary relief. I don't know but I'm eager to seek his touch. He admired our sleeping beauty and whispered to me
"Give me time. I will make it up for you"

I want this too, Riley! I wanna forget everything and start newly but he has to redeem for it. He has to pay the value of every tears that escaped my eyes, every comforts that I needed whenever I had nightmares, every support that I needed after throwing up, every helping hand whenever I visited pregnancy care centre.

"Late anniversary greetings" he kissed on my hands while holding Finnie carefully. It's cute that he actually remembered.

He is seeing Finnie like a hungry man. He seems to be like me in those 8 months. Worst. No one informed me but his face says so. He used to glow once. But all shines washed away. Tiredness and frustrations made their way. He is fragile but enough strong to hold us.

"What the hell!" I turned my head to the direction of the door and I saw Eve standing on the doorway with round eyes. I expected this. She thought Riley abandoned me permanently.

Riley's eye grew red and he muttered carefully
"Tell her to go away"
"Explain yourself, young lady" Eve folded her hands and looked at me in hope of explanation.

What should I do? It's true that Riley made my 8 months hell and I shouldn’t have allowed him. But it's also true that I'm melting and I can never stay strong in front of Riley. He has his own way of charming me.

I stammered in confusion. Eve is still looking at me and Riley is hoping me to say something rude to Eve. I can't do that. She is my doctor and she did a lot for me in these past months.
"Eve, he just wanted to see his daughter. That's all" I said nervously
"Did you forget what he did to you?"
"Excuse me, that's personal" Riley barked keeping his rude eye contact.
"Alaska wouldn’t mind me interfering. After all, I had been with her" Eve said boldly
"Whatever" Riley jerked frustratedly
"Alaska, that's so immature of you" Eve scolded
"I'm her husband. You are none to her. Stop this shits. I'm beat" Riley is controlling his anger hard. I know he has anger issues. I guess Eve knows that too!

"Alaska, don't let him get to you. He is gonna act and treat you like a fucking princess and leave you again" Eve warned me.
"If Finnie wasn’t here, I would surely smack your face. I won't leave my wife and daughter again. I did that mistake once but not again. I'm gonna make it up for them. Better go" Riley showed his attitude and Eve knows it's pointless to argue with him.

She looked at me and said angrily
"I'm warning you. He left me first and now he did the same to you"
"But he did return for me. Why not give him a chance?"
I hate to mention it before Riley as he would guess I'm melting but I had to say something to Eve. She would put up a fight anyway. And I too hate after what she did for me, I'm taking Riley's side. But it's true that he showed up. He came here at last.

Eve's face turned red. She didn’t expected this and I regretted my line. Realization hit her and she said while gritting her teeth
"I should have understand earlier"
She stormed away saying this. I looked helplessly at her way.

I got released from hospital at night. I'm currently at road with small Finnie in the hand of Riley, who is sitting beside me. Ted is sitting extremely opposite to Riley and controlling him hardly not to lose temper.

I recalled the face of Eve. She did suggested me the best things. I feel guilty for defending Riley when Eve helped me a lot. I kinda feel Riley can't leave this sweet soul after making her sterile. Whenever I look at her face, I remember her misfortune and the actions done by Riley. After all of that, whenever Eve saw Riley adoring Finnie, she controlled her tears terribly. I kinda relate about everybody saying the match between Eve and Berry. Though, I never knew Berry but I think I can connect later. Despite all of that, she said that I'm always open to her whenever I need her. I think that's how you define kindness!