Part 71

"Your fluid level is not sufficient. You have to undergo delivery at this right moment" Eve said from the other end of the call. She sounds robotic.

I blinked blankly. What the hell she means? I came here for a regular check up. And as she is not in the city, her assistant sent the pictures of the reports and she is telling me to give birth at this right moment.

"I'm just 8 months pregnant. I'm on my preterm" I said
"I know it's going to be a premature baby. But be ready. It's the time. Pass the phone to Emelia. I'm gonna inform her about everything. I'm coming in just 1 hour. Don't worry. Everything will be fine"
I passed the phone to her assistant Emelia who is seeing me giving me the best sort of smile, a human can ever give.

Stacy caressed my shoulder and asked
"What happened? Is everything fine?"
"Eve said I have to give birth now" I said expressionless. Her eyes grew round
"What? Oh my God! I have to bring towels, clothes, sweater, mittens. I haven’t informed anybody. I have to bring your clothes too. What about your clothes? Your towel, jumper? I need to call Emmy" she panicked and ran through her phone.

Yesterday, I celebrated my baby shower and now, I'm gonna have a baby the next day.

But I'm not nervous or scared. It feels like it's a normal procedure despite being my first pregnancy. I'm tensed about why the hell I'm not having any kind of tension?

I'm not having any kind of labour pain! How they are going to take her out? I'm not doing C-section. I won't tolerate a scar on my lower abdomen though all my abdomen is filled with stretch marks.

I changed into a normal hospital attire and laid down to the bed. Gradually I have started to feel the most awaited and precious thing.

Pregnancy tension.

My heart started to weigh a thousand pounds more. What if I die? What if my baby faces danger? But the most saddest part is seeing Stacy and Ted running from wards to ward for ensuring the best treatment and security, Riley should be doing that.

Yes, I'm again back on the Riley topic. I don't know why I can't help thinking about him? I need him here. More than 10 minutes left before the operation. Emelia just kept the equipments here. I should once call him.

I took my phone and about to dial his number. Nope! I won't! I repeated this in my mind. He didn’t even called me once. And he was the one to leave. I won't let him see my weakness. He have tested enough of my patience.

I had to open our wedding ring as it's not legal to keep those. I looked into the ring. Just 1 year ago we got married. Today is our marriage anniversary. How happy I was today 1 year ago! If someone would tell me next year on this day, Riley wouldn’t be near me and you're gonna give birth to your baby, I would laugh my ass off.

"I, Riley Spencer, vow to be your loyal husband, to have and hold you to my heart forever. I will be there always to hold your back whenever you are on your knees. I vow to love you even after my death as your soul is mine. Always"
This is what he vowed to me at our wedding. Little did I knew, all the promises were fake. I opened my ring and tossed it to the stainless cart.

I opened the gallery and clicked on the photo I last had with Riley. It's in front of the Eiffel tower. He looks sad as Eiffel tower was closed. My eyes flooded with tears and I kissed on his pic innumerable times.

My consciousness awake when Eve snatched my phone and tossed it to Lauriya. Seeing her dressed in a blue dress, with a mask, my fear turned more fierce. Lauriya came near and gave me a forehead kiss. She wiped my tears with her hands and whispered
"All shall be well. You and Finnie with be completely fine"
I nodded and whispered
"If something bad happens to me, take care of Finnie. Won't you?"
"I will prefer you to take care of Finnie more than me. She must need a mother"

Eve yelled
"Come on Lauriya. Out"
She gave a kiss on my forehead and walked out of the theatre. Before turning, she gave a compassionate and relax look.

Eve came and said
"Mrs Spencer, I'm putting an injection on your tummy to avoid any kind of pain. Are you ready?"
"Since when have you started to call me Mrs Spencer?" I wondered
"Just trying to be more professional. Never mind"

She injected something like anesthesia and began to work in her instruments. There are 3 nurses with Eve. And they are all helping her. Within the span of time, I started to feel numb beneath my chest.

I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes. This is the time. I murmured to myself. I don't wanna open my eyes. I will let Eve do whatever she wants. It's very odd feeling to feel nothing at my lower portion. I felt restless still I tried to remain as calm as possible.

I don't know if Eve has started the operation. I tried to portray different things in my imagination. How my princess would look like, I'm trying to give her a bath. Different wild and natural impressive imaginations.

It's been long. At least, I guess so. Suddenly, I felt a pressure in my back head and a burden on my nose. I opened and found the light above my head. Oh! A nurse put me on an oxygen mask.

Inspiration seems good. Actually better, but expiration seems worst. As I opened my eyes, despite fear, I looked at the beneath condition. The lower bed has became wet due to blood smearing all over the sheets, even on my legs. It's a hectic scene. I couldn’t control more and again closed my eyes.

I could hear a cry voice. It's crystal clear yet so beautiful. I opened my eyes and saw a baby wrapped in a white towel, crying. Eve is trying to cut the cord. I looked at the baby with immense focus.

The nurse suddenly walked away. I wanted to protest but I couldn’t move. Eve removed the umbilical cord and said while opening my mask.
"As you know, it's a daughter. We will be back with the baby after washing her"
She gave me a smile and smiled back. Eve whispered something to a nurse and the nurse walked into the exit.

I can't wait to see her. Finnie. My daughter. How she would look like? Is she perfectly fine? Does she know her mamma?

A nurse came near me with Finnie in her hand. She carefully landed her into my bare chest and for the first time I took a look at my part. She is so beautiful. Half Riley, half me. Yet not ugly rather bonny. She is looking at me in distractive eyes. I took her little fingers in my index. How beautifully she wrapped her fingers around me!
I whispered
"From the beginning, it was us"
I didn’t knew till this, that I'm having trouble while speaking. I gave a kiss on her red cheek.

(Hey guys, how was it? A new member just appeared. Our Finnie. Vote, comment and share. #RileyAlaska)