Chapter 11

I looked at the time. 5:30 pm. -Already working late, shit. Not today. If I don't get out of here within the next five minutes Gary's going to kill me.-
"Louise? I know I'm new here and stuff, but could you do me a favour?" I asked cautiously.  
She shrugged "Depends on what." 
"Could you please finish here? I really should get going. I have to be at home by six or my boyfriend will go nuts." 
She frowned "Why would he go nuts? You are not getting abuse, do you?"
I laughed "No no, but I'm meeting his friends for the first time today at 7 and we are going to a fancy restaurant, so I want to arrive there good looking and on time."
She took a moment and then smiled "Of course. Get going." 
I hugged her "Oh my god, thank you, I love you. I really owe you one." 
I took my bag and ran towards my car, driving to Gary’s as fast as I could.

I pulled up outside the house and it was just before six. I got inside and leaned against the door, closing my eyes, taking a deep breath and calming down from the rush in which I had to leave work. 
"Where have you been?" 
I opened my eyes and saw Gary standing in the doorway of the living room, looking at me, his one eyebrow raised the way he was known for it.
I walked towards Gary and gave him a kiss. "Busy at work. Thank god Louise took over my work otherwise I would still be there."
He nodded "Nice, well not nice that you were busy, but nice of Louise to let you go. Now get ready, we leave in 30 minutes."
He gave me a slap on my bum and a naughty wink, which I returned before I turned around and headed upstairs.

I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower, re-arranged my hair and applied a little bit of make-up. I went back to the bedroom and put on a fresh set of lace underwear, along with some stockings. My dress was made of dark blue satin, stopping just above the knee, fitting my body nicely, yet not too tight, I didn't want to look like a slut. Last but not least a pair of heels, which were the same colour as my dress.

As I walked downstairs I saw Gary already waiting for me, dressed in a nice, black two piece suit, a black silk tie sitting on top of his crisp white shirt. Fuck me he looked hot. 
"Very handsome today Mr. Barlow."
He turned towards me and smiled as he saw me "Me? No way. But you look amazing Clara."
I blushed a bit "Thank you, but I mean it, you look very nice." 
He went bright red.
He was still a little bit chubby, at least he said so himself and knowing what he looked like 10 years ago he was, but he had lost very much weight in comparison to what he looked like a few years ago and to me he had always looked perfect and will always do so, no matter what size he was. I knew he wanted to lose more weight still and I would help him with it, that was for sure, but without pressure, it was his body not mine.

The drive to the restaurant was driving me crazy. I was so nervous, I felt as if I was about to throw up. I started to fidget around with my fingers and I was quiet, very quiet. Gary must have sensed my nervousness, cause suddenly he just said "Babe, you will be fine. They will absolutely love you." 
I forced out a smile and sighed "I hope so Gary. But you have to understand that it's nerve wracking for me to meet my boyfriend's best friends for the first time and the fact that we're talking about Take That isn't putting it at ease in any kind of way." 
He gave me an encouraging smile as he parked the car and squeezed my thigh "I understand you but I will be there with you and if you want to have something to look forward to, think about when we get home." He winked at me and got out of the car.
I remained seated for just another few moments and suddenly I could feel the heat between my legs. I bit my lip, wondering how I could survive this meal now and wished we could just head back home right now.
I took a deep breath, got out of the car and grabbed Gary’s hand, murmuring something along the lines of "Filthy bastard" to Gary.

We stepped into the restaurant and were greeted by a waiter "Good evening Mr. Barlow. Madame. The rest of your party has just arrived. Please follow me." 
Gary took my hand again and pulled me with him, squeezing my hand encouragingly.