Chapter 36

*3 weeks later*

We were back in London for a week now and may I say that holiday was the best I've ever had so far. Having Gary all for myself for two whole weeks, no management, no parents, no friends, just us was amazing. I think we really bonded more, even if we didn’t do much else except for well, the obvious, ok we did go shopping one day and did some sightseeing, but most time was spent at that villa, not only in bed, but I guess you get the picture.

It was February by now and Gary and the boys were again very busy. I knew it wouldn't really get better, well maybe a bit, but they were having THE comeback at the moment and were on their way back to the top.

Meanwhile my work was as easy as ever, a normal 9 to 5 working day, Monday til Friday.

"Evening Clara" Gary came into the kitchen and gave me a kiss. 

"Evening. How was your meeting?" I asked, curious if there were any news he would tell me.

"Nice. There are a few things I want to discuss with you." 

I nodded "Sure go on." 

"First, you know that we're nominated for a Brit this year?" 

I nodded. 

"I really would like you to come with me. We are all allowed to bring someone and I want it to be you." 

"Be honest, you just want to use the opportunity to buy me a new dress Barlow" I laughed. 

"Maybe" he smirked. 

I smiled "But yes I will come with you if that’s what you want, Gary." 

I was met with that shit-eating grin, and I could see that Gary was very pleased with my answer.

"What else do you want to discuss with me?" I asked.

"The tour." 

Both our faces turned serious again. I nodded to signal for Gary to go on. 

"Don't freak out. There's good and maybe not so good for you. The tour will start on October 11th and will finish on New Years Eve. You want to know the countries we're going?" 

I gulped and nodded. Three months. Long time. 

"Starting in Belfast, then Spain, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Netherlands, Germany again, Denmark, then a few nights in Birmingham, then Glasgow, Newcastle, London, Manchester and then London again on New Years. Will be 50 dates all together."

My eyes grew big "Wow. That's a lot." 

"I know. Please don't be too mad over me being away for three months." 

I smiled and took Gary’s hand, giving it a gentle, reassuring squeeze "Gary I'm not mad. This is your job. Of course it's a bit strange for me but it's okay, I’ll get used to it." 

"I have something for you though, call it compensation or even bribery." 

"What?" 

"You'll get a backstage pass and you can come to every concert you want, no matter where it is" Gary grinned at me. 

I grinned back "Seriously?" 

"Yes." 

"OH MY GOD!" I squealed in excitement.

Gary was laughing "Calm down."

I blushed "Sorry. My inner fangirl made a short appearance." 

"I had already forgotten that you are a fan of us." 

I blushed even more "Sometimes I forget it myself. I mean I don't really need to be a fan anymore, do I?"