Chapter 40

"How was it?" I spun around on my chair as I felt a hand on my back. Gary grinned down at me and slowly sat back down. 

"You were amazing! I'm so proud baby. I smiled and sang with you the whole time" I bubbled out and blushed. 

"Aww...Thank you. Come here, give me a kiss." I leaned over and kissed Gary softly.

We had some nice chats at our table, I mean it was more or less just mates. There were some good performances from other acts too. And then the moment came. "Time for British Single and to present this, please welcome...Alan Carr!" 

We all clapped and I could feel Gary already getting nervous. I placed my hand on his thigh, knowing that it had a calming effect on him. 

"Thank youuuu...Let's have a look at the nomineeeees!" 

They played a little clip and I must admit there were some good ones, but you could hear that the audience cheered the most when Patience came on. 

"And the winner is..."

-Please. Let it be the boys. They deserve it so much.- My heart rate went up and the few seconds felt like an eternity. 

"TAKE THAT!" 

We all jumped up and cheered. I kissed Gary  and hugged the others. Meanwhile I could hear Patience playing in the background.

The boys made their way towards the stage and I could see how difficult it actually was for them. They were covered in hands that wanted to be shaken and some women even wanted to kiss them. I didn't care to be honest. I trusted Gary and I knew that he couldn't wait to get home if he was honest.

"Wow. Amazing. This is unbelievable" Gary stuttered and smiled his cute smile I loved so much.

He gave the mic to Mark who had the nerves to say 'fucking' on live telly. I had to laugh out loud and as I looked to Kennedy she tutted and shook her head, grinning nonetheless.
They thanked some people from the label and stuff and then came back.

As Gary came into my sight he had a grin on his face, I couldn't quite make out what kind of grin it was, but I had to grin too. 

"Gary I'm so happy for you. You deserve this so much." 

"Oh Clara I love you." Gary hugged me tightly and whispered into my ear "and I can't wait to get home and show you. Happy Valentines by the way." 

I gasped for air and could only see Gary giving me that bastard smirk of his.
-----

Of course we went to the after show party, what would you expect? The party was way more relaxed than the show itself, mainly because there was no press around. It was exactly what one would expect from a party in this business. Popstars, Managers and other important people chatting, laughing, and most importantly: getting drunk. So were the boys. I decided to drink too, but I really wasn't too keen on getting as pissed as Gary would, so I only drank one or two glasses of alcohol and then switched to water.
-----

I looked at my watch and tried to read the time when suddenly I jumped. "Ahh...What? Gary!" 

"What? I only want to hug my girlfriend..." he slurred slightly.

-Good grief, he is really pissed. Give me strength.- "Yeah Gary. I think we should go home. It's 3 o'clock in the morning and you're drunk."

"I'm not drunk." 

I rolled my eyes "You are. But if you need another reason to go home..." I turned around to face him and dropped my voice so only he could hear me "You can hug me naked..."