Chapter 39

*A few days later*

I looked at the time. Lunch time. I grabbed my stuff and stood up "Bye Louise." 

"Bye. Have fun, I'll watch out for you" she winked back. 

I smiled at her "Thanks. Until Friday then." I went to my car and drove home. I had about 4 hours to get ready for the Brits. The only reason to get home now was to eat something, cause I had an appointment at the hairdressers in an hour, together with Kennedy.

"Gary?" I asked as I stepped through the door. 

"Living room, Honey." 

"Hey" I said, walking towards him and kissing him on the head. 

"Hey. I made you something to eat too, it's in the kitchen. I have already eaten." 

"Thanks. What have you been up to today?"

"Not much, I only had to go to Earl's Court this morning with the boys for sound check, you know we’re also performing tonight."

I smiled and nodded, and yes I was excited. Half an hour later I was on my way out again. 

"You going to the hairdresser then?"

I nodded "Yes, have to pick Kennedy up before that, we’re going together, but you know that." 

Gary put a hand into his pocket and pulled his credit card out "Here." 

I gasped but before I could say anything Gary had shut me up by kissing me and whispered against my lips "Don't you dare even think about not using this thing." 

I sighed, knowing that there was no way of disagreeing with him, and kissed him back.

Twenty minutes later I arrived at Mark and Kennedy's house. She was already waiting outside. "Hey Clara!" she smiled.

I smiled back "Hi. You ready?" 

"Yep."

Another thirty minutes later we arrived at the hairdressers, a pretty posh one may I say. "Hello. We have an appointment?" 

"Your names please?"

"Uhm...my boyfriend made it to be honest, and knowing him he said Barlow." 

The lady behind the counter smiled "Ah yes. Please follow me. Welcome. Please take a seat."

Whatever Gary said they should do, it was more than just styling our hair. And Kennedy thought exactly the same "This is going to cost us a fortune, thank god Mark gave me his credit card." 

"Same. Now I get why Gary gave me his." 

We got our hair done, our nails were freshly painted and they even did our make-up. It was really beautiful, but inside I was killing Gary again on spending so much on something I could easily do myself, I had nothing against a bit of spoiling now and then, but this was ridiculous and yes, it made me feel uncomfortable. After two hours we were all finished. 

"I hope it's satisfying" the young lady said to me. 

I gave her an honest smile "Perfect. Thank you very much." We paid and went back to the car.

An hour later I was finally back home and as I went through the front door I heard a shower. I tip-toed into our bedroom and picked out my black lace underwear and stockings. Then I quickly went to the room where my dress was and got changed. I felt really beautiful. As I was looking through my little jewellery collection I decided to stay with the necklace of Gary that I was always wearing, paired with some earrings and a watch and I was ready to go. I could hear Gary getting ready next door and went there as soon as I was finished.

"You look nice Gaz." 

He turned around and his jaw was on the floor "Thank you...You...look amazing." 

I blushed "Thanks. It's all down to you though. The only thing I've bought myself is my watch." 

Gary came towards me and gave me a kiss "You look beautiful no matter what." 

I blushed again "Thanks. Oh, I still have your credit card. Here." 

He took it, and put it into his purse.

I sat down on our bed and watched Gary finishing getting dressed. He turned to me when he was finished and extended his hand "You coming, the car should be here any minute, Honey."

I nodded, got up and grabbed his hand "Yes."

"Nervous Clara?" 

"Me? Nah, don't think so. Only nervous for you. You would deserve it so much."

"Thanks. Hope for a win too." Gary clapped his hands together and rubbed them, whilst licking his lips in excitement. We were sitting in the backseat of a black car, a luxury car. Bentley or something like that. I put my hand onto Gary’s thigh and he took my hand squeezed it gently.
-----

The car stopped and I could hear screams from the outside. Gary got outside and went over to my side. He gave me his hand and helped me out of the car.

"Thanks" I whispered. 

"Pleasure" he whispered back as he gave me a quick peck on the cheek and slipped his arm around my waist. 

There were many photographers and stuff and I could hardly see a thing. Gary helped me by never letting my waist go. We had to pose sometimes and I just gave my most dazzling smile the whole time, I felt a bit more confident as last time, but I still didn’t want to embarrass Gary. Somehow we got inside and Gary took me straight to our table. 

"Here you go" Gary pulled out a chair for me and I sat down. 

"Thanks." 

We were the first ones at our table, so I had a bit of time to take a look around. There were MANY tables, all of them round and with lavish decorations. The stage was in a nice distance, we were placed in the middle of the hall I'd say.

We were given some drinks and one by one the other guests, and more importantly the other guys arrived. Everyone was dressed up, wanting to look better than everyone else.

Some famous people came over to our table to greet Gary and the boys, for example Leona Lewis, George Michael, Justin Timberlake and believe it or not: Liam Gallagher. There were so many stars I was starstruck, but I tried not to be too fazed with it. 
-----

"See you later Honey. You'll be fine right?" 

I looked up at Gary and smiled "Yes. Good luck. Love you." 

"Love you too." He gave me a quick kiss and then walked towards the backstage area with the other boys.

I was casually chatting with the others at the table, the mood was a friendly, calming one, which put everything at ease. 

A while later the presenter came on "Please welcome on stage, with their number one hit 'Patience'...TAKE THAT!" 

The whole room erupted in applause and cheered and I was already proud even if they hadn't started to sing yet.

And then Gary started "Just have a little patience..." 

I smiled through out the whole performance and I might have sung along a little bit too, I just couldn’t help myself.

At the end we all cheered and clapped again and I couldn't wait for Gary to get back to our table.
Hopefully they would win now too.