Chapter 34

"Yes, please. Thank you." 
I stirred as I heard Gary talk to someone.

I was currently laying on my front, so I turned around and saw Gary standing in front of me, dressed in his dressing gown. "Morning Gaz." 

"Good morning. I just ordered us breakfast, I hope that's okay." 

I nodded and smiled, still sleepy "Mhm. When do we have to go?" 

"About an hour and half I suppose?" 

"Plenty of time then."
-----

I was just applying some make-up as my mind started to think about that tour again. Would it be a good idea to ask Gary about it? Why hadn't he told me yet? Why would the public know about such a thing before his own girlfriend knew it? I knew that he was in a good mood today, I was too, and I didn’t really want to kill that mood, but it didn't leave me alone. Just a few days ago he had told me that I was his priority, his love, his everything for good. That he was very serious about this relationship and everything, but to me that also meant telling your partner about things like a bloody tour, at least before going and telling the public. I went back to the main room.

"Look, breakfast's here!" Gary smiled excitedly, that man really loves his food. 

"Yeah Gary, I can see it. Listen, I don't want to kill either yours or my good mood, but I have to ask you this." 

I was met with a puzzled look. 

I sighed "Why are you telling the whole of Germany, Austria and Switzerland that you're going on a tour in October before I know it? I had to ask Jason yesterday if it's true and you know what his reaction was? He called you a jerk. Gary I don't want to fight. I don't care about you going on tour, but to me trust is a huge factor in a relationship, and I don't feel that you trust me when you don't tell me such a thing before everyone else knows it. You know how I felt yesterday as you said that on TV? Shocked and sad. But I covered it because it was your birthday and I care about you and your happiness." I said all this with a calm tone, no bitterness or anger in my voice. I just wanted a reason.

I looked at Gary, who looked at the floor, ashamed and biting his bottom lip. "I'm sorry. I didn't even realise I did that. I should have told you about it, yes. But I can tell you one thing: It's not fixed yet, we won't know the exact details until mid February. And I promise you it won't happen again."

I smiled "Thank you."
-----

Gary and I were in high spirits again as we arrived at the airport 2 and a half hours later. We were holding our hands and thank god that Gary’s bodyguard was with us, because people soon started to gather around us, obviously fans of Gary, wanting a picture and stuff. Somehow we made it to the first class lounge of British Airways. -First class!- 

"Why are you smiling like that, Honey?"

"Uhm...This might be the first time for me flying first class?" 

Gary chuckled a bit "Darling, you won't be flying with anything else for the rest of your life, so you better enjoy it." 

We boarded the plane and were greeted by a stewardess "Good day Mr. Barlow, Ms. Wellington. May I show you your seats?" 

We nodded and followed her. As we sat down she came back with two glasses of champagne.

"Thank you very much." I smiled, taking one glass. 

"You're welcome. If you need anything, just press the button and I'll be here for you" she smiled and went away again. 

"Cheers, Honey. To our first holiday together."

"Cheers Gary. And thank you for everything." 
I took in my surroundings. There weren't many people in the first class, not even the half of the seats were occupied. It wasn’t as lavish and luxurious as the private jet was, but still way more lavish than the economy and even the business class. The seats were way more comfortable and it all just felt very relaxing.

13 hours later we landed securely on the Bahamas. It wasn't too hot, it was warm, just perfect. We walked through security and into the arrival hall and were greeted by a driver.
As we sat in the back seat I asked "Gary, how long are we driving to the hotel?" 

I was met with a chuckle "Honey, which hotel? I want to have as much privacy as possible. I rented a house with a private beach. Will be about half an hour I guess?"

My eyebrows raised, I certainly hadn’t expected that "Oh. Even better then, isn't it?"
-----

"Mr., Mrs., we're here." The driver said with an accent and got out of the car to get the suitcases out.

Gary and I got out too and I looked at the house and it was quite something. No wait. It was massive. Far too big for the two of us at least, it was just...out of this world really. 

"Clara, you coming?" I was pulled back into reality by hearing Gary, who already stood at the main door.

"Uh, yeah sorry. A bit big, isn't it?" 

"The bigger the louder one can be darling" Gary smirked. 

I slapped his arm "Bastard. You really only think of that?" 

"Only when it comes to you." 

I blushed. Gary opened the door and let us in. It was a big, beautiful villa, all white. I put my bags down and walked through to a big room, which was the living room. At the end were big floor to ceiling windows and outside was the veranda with a big swimming pool and a jacuzzi. On the right side of the room was another room, the kitchen. I decided to go outside. At the far end were some steps, leading to the secluded beach.

"You like?" Gary asked from behind me.

I exclaimed "Like?! You must be kidding me Gary. This is amazing! That view! This must have cost you a fortune!" 

He shrugged "Nahh it’s alright, my house in LA was more expensive." 

I choked "Wait, you have a house in LA?"

"Yeah. Bought it back in 2000. Haven't been there though for a year or so. Was going to sell it. Too many bad memories." 

I simply had to hug him, he seemed a bit upset. "Gary?" 

"Hm?" 

I looked up, innocently bating my eyelashes "You want to go for a swim?"