Chapter 48

My throat went dry, my body went cold and I felt as if someone just stabbed me in the back. I cried out "NO! What happened?!" 

She shook her head "I don't know. Mark just said that he was on his way there."

I jumped up "Take me to him! Now!" 

She nodded "Come on." 

I was shaking and crying. Not because of anger, because of fear. I loved him and nothing would change that. Ever. And now he was in hospital, god knows why. Yes, I was worried.

We arrived at the hospital and I immediately ran to the information desk. "My...fiancé is here. Where is he?" 

"Name please?"

"Gary Barlow." 

The woman at the desk laughed "Yeah, sure. And I'm Robbie Williams." 

My blood began to boil "Listen. My future husband has just been driven here by ambulance. And he is. Gary. Barlow."

She smirked at me "And where is your ring then?" 

I just wanted to yell at her, when suddenly I felt a hand on my back "It's fine, she's with me." 

The lady's eyes were about to pop out and I looked at the person beside me and it was Mark. I shot her a death glare and then went with Mark.

I had so many questions flying around in my head "Where is he? What happened?" 

"Shhh...Calm down. He is fine. I don't know what exactly happened either, he was fine when I went to the toilet and when I came back he was laying on the floor, bleeding. He said it was an accident but I don't know." 

I sat down onto a plastic chair, took my head into my hands and started to sob.
-----

"Excuse me, are you Mr. Barlow's friends?" 

I looked up and there was a male nurse standing in front of us. I stood up "I'm his fiancée. How is he?" 

"He's alright. He had some broken glass in his back. We had to do some stitches, but he will be back to normal without any scars." 

I let out a relieved sigh. "Can I see him?"

He nodded "Yes. He is awake now. Please follow me." 

The door to one of the many rooms was opened for me and I immediately rushed to Gary's side, tears running down my face. 

"Clara..." he whispered.

I choked "Gary you stupid boy. What did you do?"

He sighed "I...it was an accident, believe me. After you had left I smashed a glass and later when Mark went to the toilet I wanted another drink, but I forgot about the smashed glass and slipped and fell right into them." 

"Oh Gary." I shook my head compassionately and took his face into my hand and brushed my thumbs over his cheeks before sitting down on the chair beside his bed. I was now holding Gary's hand. I sniffed "Gary, please forgive me. If I hadn't left, you wouldn't be here now." 

"Forgive you? I think you need to forgive me! I was such a jerk. I was the reason you left! If I hadn't made those stupid accusations you wouldn't have left in the first place! I trust you more than anyone else. And for the not listening and not being interested: I DO remember you telling me now. Believe me there is nothing more interesting for me than to listen to you, whatever you're talking about. Please, forgive me for being such a jerk. I just can't live without you, please come back." 

I smiled "Of course I forgive you." I bent over and captured Gary's lips with mine.

He smiled into the kiss and pulled something out of his pocket. I looked down to his hand, where my ring was. I stretched my hand out and Gary slipped it back onto my finger where it belonged "I love you."