Chapter 14

"YES!" 
"FUCK!" 
We laid there panting and sweating after a mind blowing session of morning sex, both of us short of breath, my body resting on top of Gary’s, Gary's arms wrapped securely around me, one of his hands entangled in my hair, softly playing with it.

"I love you so much Clara, I really do." 

I kissed him and smiled, exhausted "I love you too. You want some breakfast?"

He nodded "Would be nice, yes."

"Ok. I'll take a quick shower and then I'll prepare us something, no rush for you, enough time to recover, old man", I teased with a wink and got out of bed.

I received a slap on my bum and a naughty grin "Oi, less of the old."
-----

Just as I finished preparing breakfast, Gary came down and strolled lazily towards me, gave me a sloppy kiss and then sat down.
I placed two bowls of porridge on the table and sat down myself, how very, NOT romantic of me I know, but to be honest I couldn't be arsed to cook anything else than something easy like porridge.

"Mhm... delicious. Thank you." Gary smiled after he had shoved the first spoon of his meal into his mouth.

I blushed "Pleasure, glad you like it, even if it’s just porridge. Promise I'll make something a bit more laborious next time.

I was so happy, it just felt so natural to sit here with Gary, the morning after we first said ‘I love you’ to each other.
-----

After breakfast I sat down on the sofa in Gary’s huge yet still humble (don’t ask me how that works but it did) living room and decided to text Anna. 

"Hi Anna, how are you? Wanted to tell you: He said it last night...I'm so happy. Love, Clara x"

Just as I had sent the text I saw Gary standing in the doorway "What are you doing sweetie?" 

I shrugged "Just texting Anna. You?" 

"I suppose I should go and clean the studio up, I didn’t get to do that last night."

I giggled as flashbacks of last night came to the front of my mind and then I blushed "Yeah, well I think there were other things on both our minds last night. Shall I help you?" 

"No, I'm fine thanks."

I shrugged "Okay then."

Gary turned around and I could hear his footsteps as he headed upstairs.

My phone beeped. Anna. „HI, OMG. SO happy for you. See ya. Anna x"

I smiled to myself, I knew Anna’s empathy was genuine, which felt good and I was glad that she was showing no signs of jealousy, but thinking of it, why should she, she had a happy and steady relationship herself.
-----

When Gary came back down again, he sat down beside me and took me into his arms, so we were just laying on the sofa, simply holding each other.

I could hear him swallow "Uhm... I don't want to be too pushing, but..." 

I rolled my eyes and sat up "Gary. What is it. Just say it, you don't have to be scared."

"Sorry, but this is alien for me, I never felt so strong about anyone before and I don't want to fuck it up. What I wanted to say is: I won't have much time from November on, so I wanted to ask if we should go on a little break." 

I frowned "You mean like a holiday?"

He nodded.

I shrugged "If you want to, I will be more than happy to come with you. Where do you want to go?"