Chapter 67

*2 weeks later*

I woke up early. Luckily Gary was still sleeping, so I quickly but cautiously got out of bed and tip-toed downstairs into the living room, I had to make a phone call.

I sat down and looked at the time. 09:45. Ok, so that makes it 17:45 in the UK. Perfect.
I grabbed my phone and dialled Mark's number.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mark, it's Clara." 

"Oh, hi love. How are you?" 

"Thanks, we're fine. I just wanted to ask if everything's ready for tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, everything prepared. Don't worry. When will you arrive?"

I had to think for a second before I answered "Uhm...4 o'clock I think? Could be a bit later though." 

"Okay, so everything will stick to the plan?" 

I heard footsteps on the landing so I quickly and quietly answered "Yes, everything like planned. Listen, Gary could come in any minute now, but he mustn't found out about it, so I need to go now." 

"Yeah, bye." 

"Bye." I hung up, closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

I quickly opened my eyes as I heard Gary "Who was that?" 

I gulped "No one." 

He raised his eyebrow "Then how come I don't believe you? I heard you. What am I not supposed to find out?"

I shrugged "Nothing. Nothing important anyway." 

Big mistake. If I should have known one thing by now, it's that Gary doesn't like it when I'm doing exactly what I just did. But I had to keep my mouth shut. Otherwise everything would be destroyed.

Gary looked at me in a hurt and slightly angry way "It didn't sound like that to me. What is it?"

"Nothing." 

"Who was it?"

I rolled my eyes "No one." 

He closed his eyes for a moment and sighed deeply "Are you having an affair?" 
He now looked at me expectantly and I could see hurt in his eyes. 

My jaw dropped as I couldn't believe my ears "What?! NO! Why would you think that?" 

"Because you won't tell me who you were on the phone to, and that's not like you at all."

I shook my head "Gary. How often do I have to tell you that I love you? We're on our honeymoon, I'm pregnant with your child and it's your birthday tomorrow. Why should there be any reason for me to cheat? Why should there ever be one? You make me feel so loved and cherished, in ways no one ever has before. It's the best feeling knowing that you love me as much as I love you. So please stop thinking such nonsense."

Gary sighed again "Sorry. It's just...I love you so much, I don't want to lose you. And the thought that such a gorgeous woman like you loves me is overwhelming. Come here." He stretched his arms out and pulled me into a big hug. 

I smiled against his chest "Love you too. And I think we have to start packing now, because I have a little surprise for you at home."

"Ohhh...Hope it's a good one..." Gary smirked down at me. 

I smirked back "I think so."
-----

The next day we arrived back at Heathrow at 3:30 pm. The flight had been quite relaxing, well flying first class has its advantages.

But of course walking through the airport was a bit stressful, we were followed by paparazzi and even though Gary's security was with us, it was everything but easy to get to the car.

When we finally sat inside the car Gary looked at me "You okay? Sorry for that, but this is how it is. I can't do anything about it." 

I smiled "I know. I'm fine. Thanks to you and you holding me I felt safe." 

Gary smiled back "Good. Now let's get home, right?" 

"Yeah." I was really looking forward to that.
----

As we got home Gary opened the door and stepped inside. I quickly got inside and joined all the people that were facing him "Happy Birthday!" 

I grinned as his jaw dropped "What? Thank you! This...is really a surprise!" 

I strolled over to Gary and gave him a kiss "Happy Birthday Babe. Hope you don't mind the surprise. And to finally let you know who I was on the phone to yesterday...It was Markie. We organised it together, seeing as I was in LA with you, I needed someone to help me." 

"Oh Clara, this is great! And sorry for yesterday. You know I trust you with all my heart."

I let him go to greet the other guests and made my way towards the kitchen.

I started to prepare some drinks when Mark joined me "Heya." 

"Hey. We did well there, didn't we?" 

He chuckled "Definitely. How was LA?"

I giggled "Amazing, it's a beautiful and really cool place. Did Gary tell you that he bought a new house over there? That was quite a surprise for me."

Mark nodded "Yes, he did tell us. But what I wanted to ask, what happened yesterday?" 

I laughed "I didn't tell him who I had been on the phone to and what he wasn't allowed to know and then he was afraid of me having an affair." 

"No way!" 

By now we were both laughing "Yes! And then we had a heart to heart, realising that this was complete nonsense from him."

"You lot having a good time without me?" Gary pouted as he strolled into the kitchen. 

I smiled "I just explained to Mark what happened yesterday after I was on the phone to him." 

Gary smirked "Oi, that wasn't funny that was." 

He snaked his arm around my waist while I responded grinning "Come on Barlow, now looking back it is kind of funny." 

He pretended to think before grinning "Yeah whatever. Where are the drinks? It's my birthday after all."